• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter Apr 3rd-4th OBS

wxeyeNH

I can only speak locally but the NAM sleet ideas weren't that far off.

They had 3"-4" at 3:1 sleet to QPF ratio for my area .. Ended up with 1.1" of sleet before turning to snow, but QPF as sleet was close to 1". Temps ranged between 34 and 39 so not surprising a lot melted, especially during the day. 

8 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

I can only speak locally but the NAM sleet ideas weren't that far off.

They had 3"-4" at 3:1 sleet to QPF ratio for my area .. Ended up with 1.1" of sleet before turning to snow, but QPF as sleet was close to 1". Temps ranged between 34 and 39 so not surprising a lot melted, especially during the day. 

For srn VT and NH it worked out. I mean even Bretton Woods had a lot of sleet.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

-RN, 38/34°F, Still have bands backing in from the east with the low out by Machias.

Radar says it's raining here but the only drops I see are coming from the melting snow on the roof.  Branches are dry as well.  Upper 30s with high RH so evaporation shouldn't be eating all the rainfall.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

One thing is for sure. Euro is glue. We can stop whacking off to it now.

Just like who is the DH in your lineup it changes from storm to storm. Hopefully salesman learn their lessons about the horrid God awful plus 24 hr NAM runs. Again the RGEM was pretty rock solid 4 days out.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just like who is the DH in your lineup it changes from storm to storm. Hopefully salesman learn their lessons about the horrid God awful plus 24 hr NAM runs. Again the RGEM was pretty rock solid 4 days out.

Euro is pretty easy to identify as an outlier now. It sucks.

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

1982 I was 14..it was awesome. Legit Blizzard conditions with powder, no wet stuff.… cold/frigid airmass. 20 inches plus. Out of school for 3 days.  

Yep! I was 12. I was already following the weather and none of the adults at the time thought we were going to get any snow. I also remember it was pretty warm at least a couple weeks leading up to the storm because we had already done yard clean up and run over the lawn with the mower once to clean up winter crap

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro is pretty easy to identify as an outlier now. It sucks.

Did well in Feb when the other models were either in the GL or England.  Anyway you shake it pattern recognition >models . Fine details inside 36 is all you get

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

One thing is for sure. Euro is glue. We can stop whacking off to it now.

Terrible QPF forecast.  Euro wasn’t even close here.  GFS won, IMO.

Reggie and Canadian were way too far south (not getting big snows up here)… NAM wasn’t great.

GFS had it the whole way.

IMG_9164.jpeg.3c5ca9efb64f8a8f72647fb4ae6e7e67.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaineJayhawk said:

How did the NAM sleet idea work out?  Some were pimping it wicked hard

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I was going to say, we sleeted for hours too.  Would’ve hit 30” without it.  Even had ZR at the mountain for a bit early on.

I think it even got as far as the Canadian border.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Terrible QPF forecast.  Euro wasn’t even close here.  GFS won, IMO.

Reggie and Canadian were way too far south (not getting big snows up here)… NAM wasn’t great.

GFS had it the whole way.

IMG_9164.jpeg.3c5ca9efb64f8a8f72647fb4ae6e7e67.jpeg

These maps drive me nuts. They do such a nice job with the interpolation, but fail to reject old data. I see that 9" inch Bradford report over my head, take a look, and see it was a "public" report from well before the storm was even over. Filter based on time-stamp at least, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Gfs won by a landslide…locked in on 2” liquid up here. Had the Jp in southern vt/nh for a bit, but knowing climo, felt good about our chances up here from 4 days out.

See I think climo is southern/central/eastern areas in coastal storms, ha.  I wish I could be that confident each storm.

6 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

The radar Dendrite uses showed the sleet in Bretton Woods real well, while he Gene and eek had gone to snow