Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter Apr 3rd-4th OBS

wxeyeNH

22 minutes ago, jculligan said:

1.0" new snow in North Salem NH overnight. 6.0" event total. Very light snow and 33F at the moment.

Not bad. I'm not home so I've been guessing 5-6" in Windham off my nest cams 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lurker said:

9.75" (2" last 6 hours)

32.5℉

4.5” new, 14.25” total. About 13” currently on the ground. Nice storm here in Dunbarton!
IMG_1460.jpeg.d3a1bd48a5f7e2e312e13453fd80f9e8.jpeg
IMG_1459.jpeg.fa26c1a92499da91af545105fd85fed6.jpeg

• Like 11

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

We sun and we glorious. Magnolias close to popping. 

Yep! Hopefully the Sun stays for a couple hours.  Looks like it may get up into the 40s too. Gives folks a window to uninstall.

10 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

That seems off. 

11 hours ago, Prismshine Productions said:

-sun angle is the same as late August

*can you imagine a Labor Day blizzard*

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Well...it is off. But not by as much as you may think. Sure he used August because it has more shock value than September. 

But largely an April 4th sun angle is equivalent to Sep 10th or 11th.

https://www.suncalc.org/#/43.2552,-73.8003,3/2024.09.11/07:40/1/3

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

Well...it is off. But not by as much as you may think. Sure he used August because it has more shock value than September. 

But largely an April 4th sun angle is equivalent to Sep 10th or 11th.

https://www.suncalc.org/#/43.2552,-73.8003,3/2024.09.11/07:40/1/3

You can switch the date I have set there to April 4th and you'll see the Altitutde and Azimuth are nearly identical.

It's off by a couple degrees for even Aug 31 so he was definitely going for shock value and likes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In the neighborhood of 18-19".  Power out, no cell service, all sorts of trees entangled in power lines in my neighborhood, the power line to my house is laying in the road .. this will be a long-duration outage and as it's the weekend we will get a hotel room til Monday.

• Like 5

Don’t know how anyone has been adding to totals MHT points south/east unless you have elevation.

34/35 throughout the area for lows last night.

I’ve had probably had 30” of falling snow, but no more than 3” at any point to show for it. 

The trees even lost their thick white coats overnight, despite the persistent light snow falling throughout.

We are now capping this event off with a flip to rain/drizzle.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

In the neighborhood of 18-19".  Power out, no cell service, all sorts of trees entangled in power lines in my neighborhood, the power line to my house is laying in the road .. this will be a long-duration outage and as it's the weekend we will get a hotel room til Monday.

Love to hear it

Just now, jbenedet said:

Don’t know how anyone has been adding to totals MHT points south/east unless you have elevation.

34/35 throughout the area for lows last night.

I’ve had probably had 30” of falling snow, but no more than 3” at any point to show for it. 

The trees even lost their thick white coats overnight, despite the persistent light snow falling throughout.

We are now capping this event off with a flip to rain/drizzle.

6-8” there on PNS. 

4 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

This was a real man storm up here. None of the typical spring garbage where downsloping or elevations plays havoc with the totals. It's going to be a fairly uniform 10-20" for most of our CWA, outside of the areas that struggled to flip to snow at the onset.

• Like 1