• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter Apr 3rd-4th OBS

wxeyeNH

The Lewiston area, and Lava rock area seemed to be the jackpot.  And that’s where all modeling had it for days.  Yet no where near the modeled amounts in the low to mid twenties(and some times even in the upper twenties were modeled).  The southern NH and Northeast Mass areas seem to be a bust for the most part. The precip shield never really came together for those areas. Further north and east it is(Jeff’s area and Brian’s and Lava’s), but substantially lower than the huge amounts that were forecasted…At least the way it looks at the moment. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No, I mean in the aggregate. The most accurate forecast would have been PDC throughout NE....10:1 and Kutchera were worse in CNE than PDC was in NNE. I'm not sure how you argue that. Is that the case every storm? No, but it was today.

It ain't over up there 

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No snow tools are perfect....we need to actually forecast, but +SDC was the best guidance overall.

Maybe the best there, but overall garbage. They’re always going to be closest on the sloppy edges. 

Just now, dendrite said:

Maybe the best there, but overall garbage. They’re always going to be closest on the sloppy edges. 

Yep. The best is wait like 4 hrs before go and check soundings along with qpf  predictions.  UVVs into the 500 layer help lol too. It's all about the column Wilbur

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Right....but not as rancid as the garbage that the clown maps were down here.

They’re clowns for a reason. If you’re mixing sn/pl the whole time with 33-34 temps kuchie and 10:1 are never happening. Especially in April with warm soil temps and coming off a high well into the 40s

I was up real early this morning around 2:30 and then again around 4:30 and it was sleeting but I woke back again at 6:45 and was snowing. It's been snowing since. At the house we have about a half an inch on the ground.

At work now in West Hartford and it's still coming down had a decent clip.

Looking at the radar it seems to keep filling in just Southwest of us. So I think everyone north of us will have a good shot of some good snow today. Fun to see. About 33° at home.

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

31.2° -SN

About to ramp up

animated.gif

Very convective. Look at that stuff feeding in off BOS. 

EEN/AFN now 1/4sm. At the very least this band should drop a quick 1-3" or 2-4" as it lifts north.