Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mean all flowering shrubs have been in full bloom for about 7- 10 days . The green underbrush in the woods has all leafed out and even Red maples have little tiny green leaves . Really it’s only the Oaks that haven’t quite popped yet. 
1uMz3CD.jpeg

Lovely color on the azaleas. Most impressive is how their beauty is highlighted by the relatively still barren forest background. As always ….

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

guys... don't fight it - this is a chilly week in the large synoptic sense of it.   Let it happen and go by ..

Beyond D5 the whole tapestry for the hemisphere is milder to warm at times.  The only thing will be an enhanced BD risk, a bit higher than climo given to all that curved flow type between here in Greenland.  We really need a more zonal flow through the Maritime of Canada. Cross those bridges but D6 to 10 may have a couple days of AN over night times that are notably milder.

• Like 1

12z Euro got the memo...

... what a blue bird special both weekend days.     2-meter Ts on the raw model are about 7 to 10 cooler than what they'll likely really be given those total synoptic metrics.    Figure near 70 Sat and in the 70s on Sunday, with light wind and 90+ % of possible sun.  

• Like 1

Getting some flowers on the forsythia now. Some trees have bud break, but nothing significant yet. 
Looks like I'm going to be late on the crabgrass preventer. Supposed to put down when forsythia blooms. Looks like I'll have to wait until next wknd

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol flowering bushes ain't trees. Scooter lives in the tropics Kevin lives in a fantasy world. Only leaves I see are in the valley but carry on.

My birches and maples have just started here. Some of my cherries and apples are pretty much all the way there. Beech, oaks, hickories just buds. One big red oak on my  hill started a little early. Found a decent little chestnut tree today... And a handful of ticks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sled said:

My birches and maples have just started here. Some of my cherries and apples are pretty much all the way there. Beech, oaks, hickories just buds. One big red oak on my  hill started a little early. Found a decent little chestnut tree today... And a handful of ticks.

And this is NNE 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I didn’t know you live at 2k. 

And this is NNE 

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Most trees are starting to leaf out here at 600’ 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe dog poop is slowing leafout in Moosup?

More sticks 250 ft

20240421_191249.thumb.jpg.c7bb8c5280d21bd7e74a0927c2d0a395.jpg

My house 517

20240421_191355.thumb.jpg.36b60424840e35618f54468114885078.jpg

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

No leaves here.  I’m thinking some leaf out at work. 

Have a little bit at the woodyard. Red maples in the swamps are beginning. Of course the invasives are ahead of everything. Burning bush and multiflora rose are flourishing.

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Have a little bit at the woodyard. Red maples in the swamps are beginning. Of course the invasives are ahead of everything. Burning bush and multiflora rose are flourishing.

Yep. Norways are right there. But I noticed a few different oak species getting those swelled buds. 

• Like 1