• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
In like a lamb--out like a Lion. March 1958 redux long range thread

Ji

WB 12Z EURO MSLP progression: not going to be nailed down yet 9 days out.  If the coastal consolidates  faster; further south and off-shore then we get paste bomb in NW suburbs,  will it happen?  Low chance,  but hey still tracking in my spare time.

IMG_3445.png

IMG_3444.png

IMG_3447.png

IMG_3448.png

• Weenie 2

33 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

And the granddaddy of them all and number one event for me 

March 1993

Lived in Beltsville and got 13” even with rain and sleet mixing in, 40 moh  gusts constantly, 2pm  looked like 15 minutes before dark , record low barometer for me that nothing has been close to since 28.16”

I think DCA got 6.7” and up around Frederick close to 20

I wasn't here for March 93 but it was great in northeast Atlanta.  Rain/Sleet/Freezing rain changed to heavy snow overnight.  I got around 8-10" with drifting.  Which was enough to shut things down for a few days.  Though it didn't prevent us from getting to the bar a few blocks away, which was a priority as a 20 year old.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

I wasn't here for March 93 but it was great in northeast Atlanta.  Rain/Sleet/Freezing rain changed to heavy snow overnight.  I got around 8-10" with drifting.  Which was enough to shut things down for a few days.  Though it didn't prevent us from getting to the bar a few blocks away, which was a priority as a 20 year old.  

Flooded Florida and gave Maine 70mph winds   I think but not sure, somewhere up there had an 85mph gust. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

It appears/sounds that you had a great time in the ATL 'burbs, for the '93 Superstorm, I was in Alexandria City, in my loveable 1BR apt (Foxchase, for any of you who know the area), continuing to put together (and paint) my U.S.S. Enterprise 1701-D model from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

It's simultaneously predictable and/or (I suppose) sad that I would be constructing/painting a Star Trek plastic starship model during the 24-48 hour period of the 1993 Superstorm. But I still have that starship model, and it STILL stands as a memorial to that incredible, once-in-a-lifetime storm...even if it wasn't that memorable in NoVA.  :) 

WB 18Z GFS, still in the game....most of this will be snow tv east of the mountains with temps above freezing during the day on Tuesday.  8 days is enough time to get this low to intensify further and create its own cold air....plus I removed my heat mats so now it has to snow!

IMG_3451.png

IMG_3452.png

IMG_3453.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 5