Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter 2024

George BM

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

That was dominant

Yes indeed. THAT was true, cream-of-the-cdop ace stuff right there! Man he was getting those "Wha? Huh? Oh..." swings, lol

Rubenstein being formally introduced, Burnes twirls a gem, the offense explodes, 11-3 W. Couldn't ask for a more special Opening Day :wub:

12 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

it's fun to watch all these teams play close games just to earn a chance to get blown out by UConn by 30.

If Illinois can stay hot from the field, they have a shot.  But the guy who bet $250K this week for UCONN to win is closest to safe money you can get.  

3 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Just give me April 4th clear so we can install a mesonet station in PG county.

EJ, just curious are there plans to put stations in Harford, AA, Calvert, and Cecil? I am guessing so as the map says 52 (!) additional sites planned. Great project, thumbs up.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, nj2va said:

If Illinois can stay hot from the field, they have a shot.  But the guy who bet $250K this week for UCONN to win is closest to safe money you can get.  

Certainly agree about UCONN...they're playing like they're on a mission.  But I doubt they'll blow out Illinois, that should be quite a game I think, though UCONN will probably still win.

As a Purdue grad, I just hope the Boilermakers can actually at least make it to the Final Four.  Too many disappointments by them when they've had really good teams, it's about time they get that far, if not to the Finals.  But I'm wary and would not be surprised if they don't make it past this weekend.

38 minutes ago, Kay said:

EJ, just curious are there plans to put stations in Harford, AA, Calvert, and Cecil? I am guessing so as the map says 52 (!) additional sites planned. Great project, thumbs up.

Yes there are. Every county in the state will get them. The three biggest challenges with this project are finding appropriate locations, coordinating the land use agreements with the owners, and getting good weather to prep the site and deploy the equipment. We just installed the first urban mesonet tower in Baltimore City last week and it was a tough process to get a site that had enough open space to capture the nearby environment appropriately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yes there are. Every county in the state will get them. The three biggest challenges with this project are finding appropriate locations, coordinating the land use agreements with the owners, and getting good weather to prep the site and deploy the equipment. We just installed the first urban mesonet tower in Baltimore City last week and it was a tough process to get a site that had enough open space to capture the nearby environment appropriately. 

Got you, thanks for the additional info. Good luck with all the logistics!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stormtracker said:

New England is gonna get crushed next week per the models.  Looks pretty interesting for them.   I posted this because we're all in on the who gives a fuck part of Spring.

I can hardly wait! I wish I could find some good high res webcams up there! I'd be GLUED to 'em for DAYS! I NEVER get enough of the snow!

Snow has become absolutely TORRENTIAL at Mammoth! It is simply PILING UP! 8 INCHES and counting, with a hell of a LOT MORE SNOW to come! Heavy ridiculous amounts of moisture are TRAINING in from the south southwest, will pile on crazy amounts of new freshies overnight on into Saturday!!!!!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/main-lodge

Mammoth got completely destroyed overnight with 24 inches of blower pow, ON TOP OF WHAT THEY ALREADY GOT PRIOR TO LAST NIGHT! It's a spectacular pow day! Massive powder face shots are everywhere and all the ski instructors are going totally bonkers! Talk about refills! It's a MAGNIFICENT DAY IN THE WHITE ROOM and you better strap on a snorkel! Always ski with a powder buddy and keep an eye on each other, especially off- piste! Tree wells are a serious concern today with fifteen feet of solid snowpack! Be wary of snow immersion accidents!

Last night at Mammoth. It is usually windy as hell. Not this time. It got windy later. But the snow was absolutely TORRENTIAL!!!! No wind. The freshies piled right up! I watched it! You could clearly see where the snow was getting deep as fook, especially on the Woolly cam! I have NEVER EVER seen The Village get hit by heavy snow like this! The Main Lodge cam showed aggregates at LEAST an inch and a half in diameter! The lights were on big-time! That snow was like a full-on Boston ccb in a fookin' triple phaser parked right on the 40/70 Benchmark and stalled out in a block, super-convoluted setup for the ages! It simply POURED DOWN, IN TORRENTS, and it piled the hell up! This is how Mammoth piled on another two feet of fresh pow overnight! I was GLUED to the camera ALL NIGHT LONG! It was NO. SLEEP. TIL. BROOKLYN. !!!!!!!!!

This snow was definitely IT! It was HUGE UNBELIEVABLE DENDRITES IN THE RESORT LIGHTS! It was extremely heavy, just decillions of HUGE aggregates piling on!

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Anyone know if it's snowing at Mammoth?

:lol:

Right now, it's in a lull, but it may start back up later tonight.

You wanna see good snow at Mammoth?

Main Lodge has lights once it gets dark, but they turn those lights off at 3am Washington, DC time.

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/main-lodge

See also Woolly: https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/woolly-cam Woolly cam you can see a railing by the mammoth. Yesterday that puppy was fully exposed. Last night took good care of that, so damn much pow that it's almost covered up, now!

You should have seen that snow last night about 1am!!!!!! WOW man HUGE HUGE aggregates! Hardly any wind to speak of! It just POURED THE FOOK DOWN! I am tellin' you, it was like The Day After Tomorrow! If you looked at the Woolly cam, you could clearly see where the snow was piling up and I am telling you, those HUMONGOUS snowflakes were piling up like no one's bisnass! The Sierras don't play around! When they have blizzards they get down and partay!

They had a long TRAIN of serious serious Pacific moisture just training right down on Mammoth last night! It snowed HARD, it snowed BIG AS FOOK, some of those frackin' aggregates may have been fully TWO INCHES in diameter! It was 20 degrees! Everything was sticking! That snow was piling up FAST!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic