Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Have a ton of annuals coming up and hydrangea leafing out. Hope this cold modifies. A few days in the 40s won’t be bad. 

Heh... 40s might be harder to come by in two distinct impulses ...each lasting 2 days.  It'll be close though. 

But, I still think once we get past the 25th we'll see some alleviation.   This is all happening because that top flow structure/-EPO ... dumping downstream over the continent.  not sure how we get out of it - why fight it. Ha.    no but beyond then the spigot looks to shut off. 

People ( straw man here - ) forget that we warm up very fast with very minimum physical exertion required as part of the new CC era that is for some reason chaffing bum rims to admit.  Even ranking GOP power brokers are leaning toward acceptance of what is incontrovertible at this point...

See, denial happens because there are no consequences for denying. 

It's that simple.  No other reason, thus ...equally no reason to recourse.   If someone's denial caused them pain, they would stop denying.   It's really rather remarkable how acutely succinct evolution's mastery was in creating the undeniability of discomfort.  

By the time CC has become uncomfortable enough that even human tech entitlement/protections fail, it will be too late ;)   ( not winking at you per se - you get it)

Digression complete ...

Just saying, shut off the spigot, we go from struggling into the 40s ... beyond 80 in just 2 or 3 days, a kind of short duration whip that didn't as frequently occur spanning previous climate generations.   

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:
I know bad analog it actually snowed in Morch 2012 and wasn’t as warm as this March through March 17th. It’s all a dream starting this week though as we go back to reality, still holding out hope for more RAM truck pics and 60s the last few week of the month. 

Here ya go. Mine on a nice ‘wintry’ day earlier this year.
9720595c7a5dea5809cf343f61cd43d7.jpg

In weather news this morning is turning out fantastic. Partial sun and 55.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Here ya go. Mine on a nice ‘wintry’ earlier this year.
9720595c7a5dea5809cf343f61cd43d7.jpg

In weather news this morning is turning out fantastic. Partial sun and 55.

I’ve been looking since moving back from FL but can’t see paying 28-32K for a full size truck with a 100k miles. Been looking at the mid size route and it’s almost as bad

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

I’ve been looking since moving back from FL but can’t see paying 28-32K for a full size truck with a 100k miles. Been looking at the mid size route and it’s almost as bad

Gotta buy private sale. Dealers hose ya. Plenty of decent trucks out there if you're patient. Too bad most of em have 3' beds though. Glorified mini vans.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChangeofSeasonsWX said:

If that STS that some models show off the Carolinas next week were to happen, this would be the year, right? I mean, with the forecasts being as bullish as they are for the upcoming hurricane season. If we can get a Category 2 in March in 1908, then why can't we get a mere STS in March 2024?

Never heard of the March 1908 hurricane .. thanks for mentioning it! I've been thinking that in a warming climate perhaps spring time STS will become more common? 

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tippy.. here’s coming at you kid..!Just washed and waxed and shined tires and rims.

Merica’!

IgwjXBl.jpeg

Missing the EU flag.

Stellantis. Oooof.

Because nothing says America like a parent company headquartered in the Netherlands, and > 50% of their employees in Europe.

• Haha 12
  • Confused 2

May be a handsome vehicle to those into that sort of thing ... buuut, unfortunately, with what is known of the bigger picture and the objective reality of what it means to planet ... that is tantamount to the trope  of putting lipstick on a pig.  An environmental pig.

That's not what drove me to mention it the other day.  It's something I just thought of. 

My snark back then was way more self-centered ( admittedly...).  I've never been that into automobile-related special interest arenas.  I went to couple 'car shows' with my dad as a kid.  m'yeah.  okay.  But what I really wanted were those chartered Cessna flights I got to go on for my birthday.  Being in the sky among the clouds, peering down over the land..  Flying never made me nervous and still doesn't.  Love that.   That, and watching tornadoes carve canyons through the negligent arrogance of towns built where tornadoes were first...   But I guess airplanes choke the skies with fossil fuel farts too. Ha

Basically, I'm too idealistic ( for most, no doubt - ) and though it may sound heavy handed, it's really just me and my own opinions.  Ex, I don't think of New Orleans as a depot of intense jazz culture and "Mardi Gras" - French for "fat Tuesday."  Like putting lipstick on the proverbial pig above.  It's sort of apropos named, Fat Tuesday, for having the gall to ever build and carry on with a city there in that particular geography and planetary circumstances.  200 years of culture?  Don't care.  Doesn't matter.  It was dumb then, still is. Katrina didn't even hit New Orleans.  Yet any warning was apparently upon dead heads = rebuild instead.  So that when the real Katrina does come, as tax payers we'll have to bail out the whole region to manifest New Orleans 2.0 ... and around and around we go.

I'm kidding a little bit here, but still-

• Like 3
  • Weenie 4

1 hour ago, ma blizzard said:

Never heard of the March 1908 hurricane .. thanks for mentioning it! I've been thinking that in a warming climate perhaps spring time STS will become more common? 

I just find it interesting how despite the warming climate, there hasn't been a North Atlantic March storm since 1908 or a February storm since 1952. I mean both of those storms happened in a colder era so why hasn't it happened since then? Even in January and April they are (relatively) more frequent.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tippy.. here’s coming at you kid..!Just washed and waxed and shined tires and rims.

Merica’!

Nice! 4th Gen's still holding strong. That pic the other day was of one I saw in Germany (wasn't actually mine), looked like it hadn't moved in years. Below is my actual truck.

But on the weather map, looks like some good showers about to move through. Glad the hike up Little Wachusett was earlier. Not much of a view, but no one else around, which is the goal. 

c1_20240317_14423198.jpeg

c1_20240317_14474279.jpeg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, NoCORH4L said:

Nice! 4th Gen's still holding strong. That pic the other day was of one I saw in Germany (wasn't actually mine), looked like it hadn't moved in years. Below is my actual truck.

But on the weather map, looks like some good showers about to move through. Glad the hike up Little Wachusett was earlier. Not much of a view, but no one else around, which is the goal. 

c1_20240317_14423198.jpeg

c1_20240317_14474279.jpeg

RAM’s seem like near unanimous choice here. Things you love to see . 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh... 40s might be harder to come by in two distinct impulses ...each lasting 2 days.  It'll be close though. 

But, I still think once we get past the 25th we'll see some alleviation.   This is all happening because that top flow structure/-EPO ... dumping downstream over the continent.  not sure how we get out of it - why fight it. Ha.    no but beyond then the spigot looks to shut off. 

People ( straw man here - ) forget that we warm up very fast with very minimum physical exertion required as part of the new CC era that is for some reason chaffing bum rims to admit.  Even ranking GOP power brokers are leaning toward acceptance of what is incontrovertible at this point...

See, denial happens because there are no consequences for denying. 

It's that simple.  No other reason, thus ...equally no reason to recourse.   If someone's denial caused them pain, they would stop denying.   It's really rather remarkable how acutely succinct evolution's mastery was in creating the undeniability of discomfort.  

By the time CC has become uncomfortable enough that even human tech entitlement/protections fail, it will be too late ;)   ( not winking at you per se - you get it)

Digression complete ...

Just saying, shut off the spigot, we go from struggling into the 40s ... beyond 80 in just 2 or 3 days, a kind of short duration whip that didn't as frequently occur spanning previous climate generations.   

Hype

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

RAM’s seem like near unanimous choice here. Things you love to see . 

Chevy Colorado 2015 truck of the year. MVP award World series. I love it. 24 mpg. How's the RAM on mileage. Nice truck

Screenshot_20240317_151916_Chrome.jpg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nothing wrong with Chevy either . I thought i remember you having a maroon or red Chevy  at one point . 

Gas mileage low 20’s ish 

Had a green 2005 2500 Silverado. Beast of a work truck. Served me and my remodeled home well during its time. Sold it for 10 K 2015 with 255K miles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1