Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

54 minutes ago, katabatic said:

The wind kept the snow in the parking lot from completely burying the cars. Good news! The not so good news is what’s remaining is true Sierra Cement. A front loader and a spinning turbine should be here by noon so we can really start digging out. Impossible to say what the storm total was but after seeing some regional observations and talking with folks that live here, it’s a solid 120 inches…10 feet. 

IMG_1670-compressed.png

One in a two hundred year storm 

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I kid around, but I appreciate the power of mother nature. Would never want it to cause harm personally or to anybody else...but we appreciate the awe. If that makes sense.

It's sad, perhaps, but I agree.  Last Dec 18 was indeed awesome, even as I was thoroughly drenched (felt like beyond skin deep) as I was chainsawing trees off our road, all having fallen from our woodlot.  Each time I heard the roar, I stopped cutting and looked to see if anything was falling toward me.  I've not seen the east half of our 80 acres except next to the road, but on the west half at least half the big fir were destroyed - makes me wish I'd painted those for the 2013 harvest.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I don't think it really matters whether it's a cutter or not anymore. Pretty much out of the season of snow except for those few surprises. Just more rain lol

well maybe for you, for me it's about warm sectors.  no one wants a 37 rain, but 57 is tolerable

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

55° (at least) at CON is 6° away from the record high and the mean of 49° so far is the warmest avg temp for the date since 1874.

Looks like we made it to 54.7°F before the clouds moved in.

59 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I don't think it really matters whether it's a cutter or not anymore. Pretty much out of the season of snow except for those few surprises. Just more rain lol

Well, we are certainly not out of the season of snow in a normal season(March can be prolific), but for this year, ya, I’d say we were never really into it except for 10 days here in mid February.  So Let’s keep the upper 50’s and low 60’s going as long as we can. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well, we are certainly not out of the season of snow in a normal season(March can be prolific), but for this year, ya, I’d say we were never really into it except for 10 days here in mid February.  So Let’s keep the upper 50’s and low 60’s going as long as we can. 

Exactly. If this was a different year for the different pattern, I would not be saying that. I remember six or seven years ago I lived in Avon, we had several aprils in a row where we had snow, sometimes 5, 6, or 7 in. The patterns just not warranting snow. Is it 100% out of the question for the rest of the month, no. But I'm truly not banking on it.