Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, qg_omega said:

Nice one Tip, I of course expected above normal to well above normal temps but it’s very hard to go with +8 to +12 DJFM with November being the coldest month relative to averages 

Well, in fairness, I would not have avered +8 either…
I just think with climate change being an undeniable enhancement at this point effecting pattern circulation modes … how much shit are you guys going to eat before you start fucking admitting the taste - I mean “you guys” in the royal sense 

The truth shall set you free

of course, we can still have a big winter   But the return rate of that is lengthening … like a nightmare hallway

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

With whom are you having this argument....the gremlin on the wing of your airplane?

You’re not too bright are ya

Fucking wrote it in black-and-white you guys was meant in the royal sense  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It was also a shitty pattern though so I don’t think luck would have helped much here. A combo of stronger Nino and strong pac jet.  That caused no cold to be found prior to any storms. Some narrow exceptions like where Ray is and in CT. 

We could have had a big storm or two with some luck IMO.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well, in fairness, I would not have avered +8 either…
I just think with climate change being an undeniable enhancement at this point effecting pattern circulation modes … how much shit are you guys going to eat before you start fucking admitting the taste - I mean “you guys” in the royal sense 

The truth shall set you free

of course, we can still have a big winter   But the return rate of that is lengthening … like a nightmare hallway

It's one thing to be have insight into CC, it's another entirely to correctly account for it in a seasonal forecast. The latter is my issue....not in denial about anything. 

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's one thing to be have insight into CC, it's another entirely to correctly account for it in a seasonal forecast. The latter is my issue....not in denial about anything. 

Probably can’t do that at a scalar level no… But if you were to say it’s affecting winters? You’d be 100% correct. It’s clearly factorable.

Going to close out met winter with 24". Anything could happen but I'm not expecting much improvement the rest of the season so looking at another under performer in the books. My daughter is in Costa Rica with school this week and looking at the pics from there I'm mentally ready to just go full on summer. 

• Like 1

Today is a extreme diurnal range watch ... 

Low bottomed out at 26 here .... feel pretty good about a run at 62 which would exceeds 30 

Looking upstream, zip appreciable cloud through which the region is now receiving season changing sun.

MAV is 58-ish.  It'll be a nerd's joy testing that -

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Thanks for the realization….obviously not even close to being way to early.  The early 1900’s were hot in Dallas. 

No but they came like a degree short for all time high in Feb. I think Fort Worth broke it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Thanks for the realization….obviously not even close to being way to early.  The early 1900’s were hot in Dallas. 

That wasn’t really my intention. It was the 2nd earliest 94+ behind 1996. Yeah the early 1900s were hot, but I haven’t dug deep to see if there was some “yore” in there. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Today is a extreme diurnal range watch ... 

Low bottomed out at 26 here .... feel pretty good about a run at 62 which would exceeds 30 

Looking upstream, zip appreciable cloud through which the region is now receiving season changing sun.

MAV is 58-ish.  It'll be a nerd's joy testing that -

:lol:

38 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

What does that have to do with being way too early or not?

It’s way too early to be 90s regardless, just on a “damn that’s hot” scale.

• Like 3

Wow, that's an ugly mid month for those into early diagnostics ... lot of moving parts to consider.

At a step back perspective, there's a clear climate precedence for post early warm episodes, to see the materialization of a -NAO.   When looking at the overnight layouts from all three majors .. there's hints of that taking place, so seeing as it matches said climate precedence ...

image.thumb.png.2871e251f0b11fc16bb83a63ff178c41.png

The first most obvious detraction about this outlook would be the D12 distance ... It's really beyond the "confidence horizon" at that range.   However ( again ), the historical inference: said outlook fits the motif of mild to warm (relative to season, and by pattern recognition) in the foreground, evolving into -NAO.   So we wait.

That trough I annotated slipping underneath is of Pacific origin.  It's been gaining coherence ... despite the long range.  This complicates matters ... if a more aggressive emergence of the NAO transpires ( which I believe is well within the 'realistic' probability envelope ), it could either evolve into a suppressive influence ... or something more ideal where it loads cold into Ontario but doesn't interfere ( negatively) with the wave space as it is forced S of our latitude.  This latter scenario sets the stage for ...

The sun, working into an 'elastically taut' hemisphere aching for a reason to normalize gradients because of normal seasonal forcing, together with back ground ... this whole evolution above is going to be getting whacked around a bit in future guidance. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What does that have to do with being way too early or not?

It’s way too early to be 90s regardless, just on a “damn that’s hot” scale.

What it has to do with, is it was hot a lot in the early 1900’s from the stats he posted. So obviously, it’s not way too early there to be hot(90+)that’s all.  I found it interesting.  Guess one can’t express when they find something interesting.  

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

46 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wow, that's an ugly mid month for those into early diagnostics ... lot of moving parts to consider.

At a step back perspective, there's a clear climate precedence for post early warm episodes, to see the materialization of a -NAO.   When looking at the overnight layouts from all three majors .. there's hints of that taking place, so seeing as it matches said climate precedence ...

image.thumb.png.2871e251f0b11fc16bb83a63ff178c41.png

The first most obvious detraction about this outlook would be the D12 distance ... It's really beyond the "confidence horizon" at that range.   However ( again ), the historical inference: said outlook fits the motif of mild to warm (relative to season, and by pattern recognition) in the foreground, evolving into -NAO.   So we wait.

That trough I annotated slipping underneath is of Pacific origin.  It's been gaining coherence ... despite the long range.  This complicates matters ... if a more aggressive emergence of the NAO transpires ( which I believe is well within the 'realistic' probability envelope ), it could either evolve into a suppressive influence ... or something more ideal where it loads cold into Ontario but doesn't interfere ( negatively) with the wave space as it is forced S of our latitude.  This latter scenario sets the stage for ...

The sun, working into an 'elastically taut' hemisphere aching for a reason to normalize gradients because of normal seasonal forcing, together with back ground ... this whole evolution above is going to be getting whacked around a bit in future guidance. 

I have one eye half way open for that period. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

What it has to do with, is it was hot a lot in the early 1900’s from the stats he posted. So obviously, it’s not way too early there to be hot(90+)that’s all.  I found it interesting.  Guess one can’t express when they find something interesting.  

Ha, Wolfie snarls.  It’s still too early for 90s.  No one wants to deal with that in February.  Not in a historical context, just general sense was the discussion.

• Haha 1