• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Someone has to mention Feb 23 obs

40/70 Benchmark

This poor thread ... It is verifying, as there's a system on the charts now passing inside the mid range.  I guess a better verbal approach at the onset ...like don't use "biggie" adjectives might have been tactful but boo hoo.

Success!

Unfortunately it's only because its cinema up to this point ... failed to deliver drugs to the drug addicts, that there are now pages and pages of what really amounts of plebe-witted rabble. The virtuosity and usefulness to actual weather and analytics are lost in all that vastly more valuable din. 

Also, I'd remind that although population is sparser, the eastern half of Maine is part of this forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This poor thread ... It is verifying, as there's a system on the charts now passing inside the mid range.  I guess a better verbal approach at the onset ...like don't use "biggie" adjectives might have been tactful but boo hoo.

Success!

Unfortunately it's only because its cinema up to this point ... failed to deliver drugs to the drug addicts, that there are now pages and pages of what really amounts of plebe-witted rabble. The virtuosity and usefulness to actual weather and analytics are lost in all that vastly more valuable din. 

Also, I'd remind that although population is sparser, the eastern half of Maine is part of this forum.

12 pages with less than 3 days 'till go time doesn't seem excessive.  Thurs-Fri may be a small oasis, may be a mirage, but everything else is dry sand so folks post.

Sadly, the only rep for the eastern half of Maine is Vim Toot.  Only one for the north half, too, though The Mainer is close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

6z was actually a big improvement

Just now, dryslot said:

I didn't think it looked bad up here, It was just coming into range, 12z GFS still looks ok just a tic weaker and a tic east of the 06z run.

6z Euro was putrid at 925. That's what I looked at. Not any 10:1 maps. Good luck.

9 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Are these twitter people real or just cosplaying as Meteorologists. Place is proliferated with people trying to dupe you into believing they know what they are talking about. Shit social.  

My favorite is when people parrot what they say to give the impression they have some knowledge or critical thinking skills.  Not copying/pasting the tweet - I'm talking about writing what they say, almost verbatim, and pass it off as their own (terrible) take.  

Seen that more than a few times from some regular, non-met posters this winter.

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

There is hardly any snow-cover from St. Johnsbury all the way down 91 through White River Junction.   In mid-February!

Brutal. 

I took a photo of Okemo across the Connecticut River valley from a hill on Lake Sunapee today and you can actually see the lack of snow coverage down in the valley. The most obvious bare spot in this photo is right outside the Claremont "downtown" area.

Bare Connecticut River Valley.jpg

• Like 4

• dendrite changed the title to Someone has to mention Feb 23 obs
  • dendrite pinned this topic
  • dendrite unpinned this topic