Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Yea I'm still not overly worried about surpression especially for anyone SE of Orange county but can't say it's not at least a possibility. 

Yeah I think like I said before north of 84 is iffy right now 2-4/3-6…. But Northern Westchester/Putnam south will be just fine here. Biggest of the year 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

Ok boss! Check back tomorrow. Never said it’s totally accurate but this over excessive with ahhh the models are showing too much blah blah…. Look at the damn radar and compare which I see none of that! All speculation and guessing from you. 

The south trend is making 12+ amounts anywhere unlikely. I think the high end is probably 8-10 for the jackpot area which would still be a really nice storm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

The south trend is making 12+ amounts anywhere unlikely. I think the high end is probably 8-10 for the jackpot area which would still be a really nice storm.

I never said anything about 12+….     6-12 in the JP zone which will be 30 miles north and south of NYC

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

I never said anything about 12+….     6-12 in the JP zone which will be 30 miles north and south of NYC

I know I wasn't referring to you. I meant the 10:1 maps that are showing 12+, the surface will be too warm in the areas with best dynamics. I agree 6-12 is reasonable somewhere within 30 miles either direction of the city.  

• Like 1

Just now, Franklin0529 said:

Weaker an weaker. Hopefully can get couple slushy inches. I'm up in northern coastal Monmouth county in hazlet. Not far from you

soon itll be a 1000 mb low.  

those strength changes are noise. its the precip shield that we have to watch

• Like 2

NYC is smack in the middle of basically the most northern and southern modeling at the moment... heavier wetter snow storm or slightly colder less intense storm. Either way it probably ends up 6-8 inches by either cutting the clown map output on a warmer wetter storm or keeping it closer to 10-1 for a colder drier storm. It's north or south from the city that actually looks like the tough forecast for a change.

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic