Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

3 hours ago, RU848789 said:

The Euro gets down to 32F along 95 by 7 am and most of the snow then falls with temps 31-32F along 95 and colder inland, which is why ratios are near 10:1 along 95 and higher than that inland.  The other models do look to bottom out at the 33-34F range around 7 am and are likely there for 3-4 hours on either side of that with the heavy snow, but hard to know that with models only showing temp data every 6 hours and temps being in the mid 30s at 1 am and 1 pm.  Need more granular data...

The Euro was a good run. Hopefully, it will be right.

• Like 3

• Northof78 changed the title to Significant/Major Winter Storm Likely (Rain, Snow, Mix) on Feb 13/14
1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Euro looks good. It's actually a tick southeast.

65c76784a844a.png

65c767b7d9fe3.png

65c76814dc038.png

Huh? No it’s not. If anything it ticked north a little. It’s warmer than 0z and more tucked into the coast. Not a bad run by any means but it’s less of a weenie fest than last night’s run.

2 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Huh? No it’s not. If anything it ticked north a little. It’s warmer than 0z and more tucked into the coast. Not a bad run by any means but it’s less of a weenie fest than last night’s run.

It ended up slightly west but stronger and more banding. That's what we need if it comes closer to the coast.

• Thanks 1

Every person on this community is a weenie including myself. lol  The workers of the NWS don't come into forums like this.  Bernie Rayno  probably one of the best experienced meteorologists i know.  Todays weather channel meteorologists are all kids.  Seems they almost just give atmospheric science degrees now like water.  They dummy down the physics and calculus.  Its sad everything now is ensembles and looking at models from run to run.   I look at 75% of todays news weather men or women and they have backgrounds as journalism, earth science, environmental science lol.  Those degrees don't go through the  tough math and physics calculus differential equations, multi variable calculus, thermodynamics etc.  probably why forecasts are horrible today.  Don't want to be negative.  I just like the real science behind the forecast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, keno19 said:

Every person on this community is a weenie including myself. lol  The workers of the NWS don't come into forums like this.  Bernie Rayno  probably one of the best experienced meteorologists i know.  Todays weather channel meteorologists are all kids.  Seems they almost just give atmospheric science degrees now like water.  They dummy down the physics and calculus.  Its sad everything now is ensembles and looking at models from run to run.   I look at 75% of todays news weather men or women and they have backgrounds as journalism, earth science, environmental science lol.  Those degrees don't go through the  tough math and physics calculus differential equations, multi variable calculus, thermodynamics etc.  probably why forecasts are horrible today.  Don't want to be negative.  I just like the real science behind the forecast.

You just insulted a few METS on this forum............regardless I am still going with a couple slushy inches at the coast more inland where it will be colder - the coast is defined as NYC - Long Island - and the most eastern counties of NJ - the0Z EURO must have had steroids added to it......... almost a foot for NYC ???

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, keno19 said:

:weenie:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

wondering why this thread is so pessimistic  despite the models. Hoping to scrape out a small plowing event like the other 3 we had

Years of disappointment and north trends have us all pessimistic. I don’t have a good feeling about this one 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winterwarlock said:

wondering why this thread is so pessimistic  despite the models. Hoping to scrape out a small plowing event like the other 3 we had

because of the warm conditions still in place upon the storms arrival and warm ground conditions and time of day this will be falling and progressive nature of this system

• Like 1

Just now, NEG NAO said:

because of the warm conditions still in place upon the storms arrival and warm ground conditions and time of day this will be falling and progressive nature of this system

All of that would be overcome by the heavy precip like the euro is showing. Not saying it's right of course but it's on the table

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

All of that would be overcome by the heavy precip like the euro is showing. Not saying it's right of course but it's on the table

so you agree with the 0Z EURO amounts ? We should have a forum snow amount contest - we used to do that back in the old days...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

so you agree with the 0Z EURO amounts ? We should have a forum snow amount contest - we used to do that back in the old days...

Yeah fire up a snow total thread with like 10 stations listed and everyone enters their ideas.  Been awhile since we did this.

• Like 1

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic