• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

06z eps

IMG_0245.png

There are a whole lot of members back to the west and north along the coast but I don’t know if that’s an indication that they’re going to track closer to the coast or just that they’re slower.  Would be great to find a solution that finally gives SNE a real storm all the way to the coast, but also manages to snow on most of us.

• Like 2

Been trying not to have much in the way of excitement or expectations for this yet given how much uncertainty there has been but looking over things this morning I am starting to get quite excited. Still lots to iron out and I hope we get some more consistency but you can't hate what the past 24 hours have looked like in the modeling field. 

• Like 4

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Been trying not to have much in the way of excitement or expectations for this yet given how much uncertainty there has been but looking over things this morning I am starting to get quite excited. Still lots to iron out and I hope we get some more consistency but you can't hate what the past 24 hours have looked like in the modeling field. 

Given the N stream's reluctance to completely join the fray, its commital to abandon ship altogether has ascended this from a marginal, amorphous bag of unrealized potential to a relatively short duration, high impact ordeal.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Given the N stream's reluctance to completely join the fray, its commital to abandon ship altogether has ascended this from a marginal, amorphous bag of unrealized potential to a relatively short duration, high impact ordeal.

Indeed, the duration of the storm as a whole may not be that long, but the period of high intensity could be pretty wild. I don't mind having this arrive during the daylight others either, don't have to kill yourself staying up all night and losing sleep :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

06z euro at 90h looks a little more amped than 00z at 96h fwiw. Maybe seeing some stabilizing of the S trend…we’ll know a lot more at 12z. We’ll be getting into that sub-100 hour range now on the 12z guidance which is when confidence starts ramping up faster. 

That actually leaped out at me.  Not only is the wave space a bit deeper in the z coordinate, but if you toggle the previous run you might get an impression of the entire field slightly rotating cyclonic relative to the position of all features.  That's very important as a more subtlety if you ask me, because when dealing in "needle threading"  ( have to tell you ...I'll be happy to put this winter in the books and move on into spring solidly early if I could trade these mother f'ing needle thread system types! ) ... it's like correcting the trajectory of an asteroid:  you don't have to move it but an inch early on along it's pathway ... that inch ends up being miles of difference farther down along its course.

Also, the bulk wave space/mechanics of interest are currently an "inside slider" over eastern Washington and Oregon, having just arrived over land between 06z and 12z here this morning....  I find it interesting that as that's happened, we get this subtle but necessary more robust appeal by the 06z GFS and the 06z EPS means combined...

image.thumb.png.a234c74aae5256fb6a89e13ca18f0009.png

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That actually leaped out at me.  Not only is the wave space a bit deeper in the z coordinate, but if you toggle the previous run you might get an impression of the entire field slightly rotating cyclonic relative to the position of all features.  That's very important as a more subtlety if you ask me, because when dealing in "needle threading"  ( have to tell you ...I'll be happy to put this winter in the books and move on into spring solidly early if I could trade these mother f'ing needle thread system types! ) ... it's like correcting the trajectory of an asteroid:  you don't have to move it but an inch early on along it's pathway ... that inch ends up being miles of difference farther down along its course.

Also, the bulk wave space/mechanics of interest are currently an "inside slider" over eastern Washington and Oregon, having just arrived over land between 06z and 12z here this morning....  I find it interesting that as that's happened, we get this subtle but necessary more robust appeal by the 06z GFS and the 06z EPS means combined...

image.thumb.png.a234c74aae5256fb6a89e13ca18f0009.png

Given this, 12z should reflect a more clear outcome, because the short waves are now fully sampled. If there’s going to be any significant north trend, it should happen this afternoon on the models.

25 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

There are a whole lot of members back to the west and north along the coast but I don’t know if that’s an indication that they’re going to track closer to the coast or just that they’re slower.  Would be great to find a solution that finally gives SNE a real storm all the way to the coast, but also manages to snow on most of us.

they’re just slower. they still move ENE offshore

• Thanks 1