• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, FXWX said:

I think the GFS has a reasonable trend both surface and aloft but I expect it's max qpf axis to adjust further north... Confluence trends are strongly arguing for a heck of fronto band setting up... I usually favor the fronto band to setup a bit further north than modeled at 5 days out.  

This is my feeling too…it’ll correct some in the end. 

17 minutes ago, FXWX said:

I think the GFS has a reasonable trend both surface and aloft but I expect it's max qpf axis to adjust further north... Confluence trends are strongly arguing for a heck of fronto band setting up... I usually favor the fronto band to setup a bit further north than modeled at 5 days out.  

Agreed....question is how much...

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Maybe I will go down with the ship, but I expect this to come back north. Not a wish cast...those that know me understand I am not shy about predicting a porking.

The confluence is starting to create a problem since we also have a SE ridge. Really hope this thing doesn’t trend into a meat grinder POS like the Ukie/GGEM. 

Hopefully euro comes in solid and then I’ll have more confidence the Ukie/GGEM are out to lunch.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The confluence is starting to create a problem since we also have a SE ridge. Really hope this thing doesn’t trend into a meat grinder POS like the Ukie/GGEM. 

Hopefully euro comes in solid and then I’ll have more confidence the Ukie/GGEM are out to lunch.  

When is the GGEM not out to lunch?  I mean blind squirrel with that thing. Ukie too. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

When is the GGEM not out to lunch?  I mean blind squirrel with that thing. Ukie too. 

Right but it’s a plausible solution if we see the PV up in Canada continue to press down against the SE ridge. There’s going to be no space for that southern shortwave to keep its strength…it will get ground to a pulp at some point if that trend doesn’t cease. Hopefully this is the extent of it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Not with that confluence up north. This either produces further south or ends up getting shredded completely. 

You presume that the confluence holds.  It may but it hasn't this year in this lead time.

The Euro came about 50 miles south.  Still decent up to the pike and certainly not the mess that CMC and UKMET are.  Low end warning event for MA with 4-6 near the NH border, 6-8 near the Pike,  8-10 for a lot of CT.  With the 850 closed low passing close enough we could see a few hours of pretty heavy snow further north .

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The Euro came about 50 miles south.  Still decent up to the pike and certainly not the mess that CMC and UKMET are.  Low end warning event for MA with 4-6 near the NH border, 6-8 near the Pike,  8-10 for a lot of CT.

Foot here. Come to poppa

Yeah this evening's trends of greater confluence continues

Just a hint of what Will described of the GGEM...  an "almost phase" interaction with NS, but fortunately does not shear it out like GGEM and still have a very potent system... 6-12" towards seasonal redemption across much of SNE SoP. Still a ways to go...