Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Discobs 2024

George BM

2 hours ago, katabatic said:

Yeah the forecast, with the exception of a couple nights next week, looks foreboding for folks at Wisp. It was packed today and my husband was on Lift 3 working...they all said the same thing. At least last season we had some cold air in March which allowed them to stay open until late March (barely), but that looks completely absent this year. I got 2.4" today so far in MLP which was a pleasant surprise, so maybe we'll have more surprises down the line. 

Taking my son to WISP tomorrow and telling him to expect his last turns of the year.  Shame the high expectations for this season didn’t entirely pan out.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

Tell him thanks for keeping the lifts spinning! All the employees are really friendly. Wish the management was a little better and they invested more into the infrastructure.

Their internal culture is pretty damn good. They treat their employees well. And while they may not have all the newest tools of the trade, they do everything they can to stay open for as long as they can. Tomorrow will be an awesome day for anyone going. 

4 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

In Laurel and have wet snow and sleet mixing with showers 40F 

It was nice for 7 minutes.  Steady almost moderate snow.in Laurel, dropped to 36. Back on raid minutes later and zip and 40.

5th best event of the season .

34 Kemp Mill now

22 hours ago, WesternFringe said:

I chased snow by Jeb hiking up to Little Bald Knob (4350’) in northern Augusta County yesterday. It was awesome!IMG_9274.thumb.jpeg.6a2b1cfb2b12a69aa3770a8507ff17ea.jpeg

How close to the little pond to the right of the trail was this?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic