Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Discobs 2024

George BM

On 2/18/2024 at 8:07 AM, Terpeast said:

Bottomed out at 19. Surprised to see that some snow cover survived in my front and back yards

Pile it up! Pile it up! Save the snow! Save the snow! Don't let it die! You can save the snow! Pile it up, like the Jebman!

On 2/18/2024 at 10:15 PM, MillvilleWx said:

Took a ride through the Catoctins today. Still 2-4” of snow OTG up around 1200’+ 

Temp was 45° at my place and got down to 36-38° on top of the mountain. Whole different world up there. Really is beautiful 

We were at Ole Mink Farm in November and I think that’s 1500’ and Our house was 44 and rain Frederick  40 and rain and up there 33 /34 and snow and about an inch but probably snowed 4” worth 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

CWG: “quite a chilly morning around the DC area”

-1F BN at BWI

normal or slightly above at DCA?

IAD did get to 22

6 degrees below normal at Dulles is chilly...and it was chilly region-wide outside the typical UHI areas.

I feel that it's disingenuous to use obs at DCA and BWI as examples to disprove the notion of a day or period being cold.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

6 degrees below normal at Dulles is chilly...and it was chilly region-wide outside the typical UHI areas.

I feel that it's disingenuous to use obs at DCA and BWI as examples to disprove the notion of a day or period being cold.

I would call it seasonable chilly if I had to put adjectives on it. But I don’t consider a general 0-5F below normal morning in February to be remarkably cold. 

34 minutes ago, mattie g said:

DCA's temps are fairly representative of an area where over a million people live, so I wouldn't say it's that disingenuous.  "Outside the typical UHI areas" is lol - that's where most people live!

43 minutes ago, mattie g said:

DCA has artificially in place radiation prohibition

Others don’t 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic