• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2024

George BM

Low els in Cal are getting biblical amounts of rain while the mountains are getting Palisaded completely to death.

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/woolly-cam The elephant pedestal is one huge drift! The plow operator is exhausted! I might have to go up there and show them how to dig snow!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/main-lodge Landmarks in mammoth are getting snowed in. I have been scopelocked on that place since August 2023. Its ridonculous what is happening to the wooly camera parking lot. They cant keep up with the snow. Its also blowing around really bad!

The patio where the lights are, is a DISGRACE! That guy with the shovel gave up! No way they are already punked out! That snowpack is piling up! They need to pick their lazy azzes up off of the couch, quit stuffing those damn jelly doughnuts in their fat azz faces, and grab that shovel and start digging snow! I could keep up with it! Mammoth, dont make me have to come up there and you will have an OLD MAN show you how to dig snow! It aint that deep! Its ONLY a couple of feet! Get that snow shoveled off that patio! It better be piled high, too!

If only south central Texas could get a taste of that AR. Damn. We need more rain against the summer of 2024.

11 hours ago, Terpeast said:

Nova Scotia crushed. 5 feet and more on the way  

https://x.com/ChuckWrathall/status/1754248252810047560?s=20

Had that Big Omega block been placed 500-600 miles west, this could have been us (DC to Boston)

500 miles is a very close miss in the global scheme of things…..

The videos still coming from Cape Breton are insane I'm jealous 

Lord….you already have ppl canceling next winter based on historical trends when ppl can’t even get this winter right based on historical trends. Take the seasonal approach and hold off on evaluating next winter until ya know…..closer to next winter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

Lord….you already have ppl canceling next winter based on historical trends when ppl can’t even get this winter right based on historical trends. Take the seasonal approach and hold off on evaluating next winter until ya know…..closer to next winter. 

Yeah, let's worry about this nearly snowless winter before worrying about next year's.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Your only real knowledge is parroting what other people say, which isn't all that uncommon among folks on this board (me included), but you so often interpret this information incorrectly.

Please stop shitting up the thread with your worries about next year - we have 4-6 weeks of potential coming up to end the season. Why don't we just focus on that?

Replying to this in Banter so that I don't end up cluttering things, LOL!!  Anyhow, I agree with you.  As you say, parroting things that someone else passed along is fine to an extent (I do it too!).  But one shouldn't try to make it sound like they're all-knowing about what they are repeating.  And, one should always credit the person/people who made whatever comment and assessment, if you know...or at least mention generically that some others stated such-and-such.  Guess it's the scientist in me, I've been ingrained (rightfully so!) with giving credit where appropriate and not to come off like you originated it if you didn't.  Even on something relatively minor like a weather forum.

And yeah...I don't give two sh*ts about next winter right at this point.  Sure, it is likely to be a Nina according to several others who've commented on that in here, and will (from what I understand) be pretty blah.  OK, fine.  But it's like 10+ months away for God's sake!  Can't we just take this winter for what it is, hope we score something really good in this upcoming pattern, and worry about next winter another time?  And as I mentioned in the main medium range thread, even in a crap year we can still manage to luck into something...that's far from out of the realm of possibility.  I somehow doubt it will be wall-to-wall suckiness with nothing.  Again, though, even if it is...why freak out about that now?  I guess I've gotten a bit more "zen" after last year, which quite literally WAS wall-to-wall suckiness with zip to even track or get interested in.

• Like 1

There’s a mouse in my house.

I’ve heard it more than seen it, but it definitely exists. I’ve set up box fans to try to blow/keep it away from the kitchen. Doesn’t seem to help. The whopper wrappers in the trashcan are just too much of a powerful mouse magnet.

I might have to move.

34 minutes ago, FXW176 said:

I’ve heard it more than seen it, but it definitely exists. I’ve set up box fans to try to blow/keep it away from the kitchen. Doesn’t seem to help. The whopper wrappers in the trashcan are just too much of a powerful mouse magnet.

I might have to move.

Once you have one, get ready for more unfortunately. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kay said:

By pure coincidence I ran across this recently...I actually printed it what a weenie

IMG_5116.JPG

I think that was storm #1.  A lot of people forget that every county in the state of md (except Worcester) was under a blizzard warning for the second storm… I don’t know if that will ever happen again

Earlier today at Mammoth, I watched this guy WITH A SHOVEL trying to dig out the stairway near the elephant. He got exhausted quickly. He was NOT practicing proper Jebman Standards. He has a PIDDLY little two-foot wide path leading to the stairs. The entire region was bracketed by 39 inches of snow yesterday! The ENTIRE path needs to be as wide as the stairway! Poor thing needed to use a snowblower. He was soooooooo tired. That place got totally palisaded by snow, and is still getting heavy snows!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/woolly-cam

Main Lodge already has another 2-5 inches on the ground and you can clearly see the snow pouring down!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/main-lodge

Its high fooking time I got up there with my shovel and straighten these yokels out about how to dig snow! Its ONLY three feet of snow!

4 hours ago, FXW176 said:

I might have to move.

The creature is clearly seeking shelter from an impending heavy snowstorm.  See if you can trap it or at least get a photo, so we can determine if it's a MECS mouse or a HECS mouse.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

The creature is clearly seeking shelter from an impending heavy snowstorm.  See if you can trap it or at least get a photo, so we can determine if it's a MECS mouse or a HECS mouse.

There's only one way to deal with a HECS Mouse. That creature will eat you out of house and home. It KNOWS a massive snowstorm is brewing. It knows the pattern is historic.

Get a Cat.

There's one way you KNOW you are gonna get destroyed by snow. You didnt get NAM'med, you got MOUSED.

• Like 2

Wow Mammoth is getting DESTROYED again!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/main-lodge

They were ONLY supposed to get 2-4 inches but the snow just keeps POURING and POURING! Orography + atmospheric river FTW!!!

At the rates they are experiencing, it is just PILING UP and PILING UP! On top of the 39 inches they ALREADY got, and 5 inches after that, and still more snow is pouring down! JUST HUGE HUGE AGGREGATES!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic