• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2024

George BM

Have been watching a beautiful pair of common ravens foraging and exploring and hanging out in a group of tall trees IMBY/neighborBY this afternoon. I know they aren't rare but not too common IMBY that I've seen. Unlike black vultures. which  I thought they were for a sec. I wish it were cold and snowing, obvs, but it is a nice day. Dry ground...weird.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Lol this is going to be a long stretch run to end winter

thats the hope. Btw..does your wife still live in the hood. the outdoor  christmas lights are still up lol

38 minutes ago, Ji said:

thats the hope. Btw..does your wife still live in the hood. the outdoor  christmas lights are still up lol

Ha..no she's in Florida sold the house to an older couple from Pennsylvania 

8 hours ago, Ji said:

This pattern change is off to a terrible start lol. No sign of digital blue anywhere

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

I don't think people realize that February 20th is still 16 days away. 

• Thanks 2

Well we can dream of booking a room at the Lodgepole Lodge in Sequoia NP. 4-6 feet of snow with 75 mph wind gusts forecast above 5000 feet. I think the Lodge (I've stayed there before; Sequoia might be my favorite place I've ever been) is around 6000 feet. Of course it's probably closed, but this would be worth breaking in for. 

Overall, one heck of a storm for central and southern CA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

We track the good patterns for a month ahead of time and if they do get here they last about 3 days.  And yes I know where I live so no need to be snarky.  It’s just the facts about weather in coastal mid Atlantic 

I'd be super happy with a 3 day period of winter weather like we had a couple weeks ago. I'd take that and call this winter a winner. 

• Like 1

Just gonna leave this here for anyone who says that snow was supposed to be happening on the 4th or 9th or 14th...anything before the 19th was just a glimmer in your daddy's eye just like you were. All of those early dates were longshots or maybe one model run honestly anything is just potential now so hush with the can kicking bs

Screenshot_20240204_091837_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Now THAT would be quite the challenge for @Jebman and his famed, trusty shovel!  I bet those are his footprints around that house, scoping out the best way to begin digging out!! :lol:

Where is that? Imma gonna go there and dig lots of snow and pile it high!

9 hours ago, dailylurker said:

I'd be super happy with a 3 day period of winter weather like we had a couple weeks ago. I'd take that and call this winter a winner. 

me too, i loved that stretch of winter. it was so nice going on snow walks and taking it all in. if it ended there and then, i would've been happy with this winter

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AtlanticWx said:

me too, i loved that stretch of winter. it was so nice going on snow walks and taking it all in. if it ended there and then, i would've been happy with this winter

I agree. It doesn't get much better for my area. I probably hiked over 30 miles that week. It was fantastic. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic