• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2024

George BM

Burnes trade was a great addition. Looking at the peripherals, in his "off" year, Corbin still put up a solid 3.32 ERA and his H/9 was equal to his Cy Young year a few years ago at 6.6 H/9. His biggest outlier was the BB/9 which jumped from 1.8 -> 2.3 -> 3.1 from 2021 (CY) to 2023. That's a stark rise and I think some of it has to do with usage early in career and resorting back to his mechanics of old prior to 2021. I think the coaches can right the ship and get him back to where he needs to be. He decreases the walks, he'll be a major player for us in competing for the next few years, minimum. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Burnes trade was a great addition. Looking at the peripherals, in his "off" year, Corbin still put up a solid 3.32 ERA and his H/9 was equal to his Cy Young year a few years ago at 6.6 H/9. His biggest outlier was the BB/9 which jumped from 1.8 -> 2.3 -> 3.1 from 2021 (CY) to 2023. That's a stark rise and I think some of it has to do with usage early in career and resorting back to his mechanics of old prior to 2021. I think the coaches can right the ship and get him back to where he needs to be. He decreases the walks, he'll be a major player for us in competing for the next few years, minimum. 

Unfortunately he is a free agent after this year. But he is a true ace and a top 10 pitcher in baseball. I hope we can resign him, if not a one year rental still gives us a legit shot at a WS ring this year. Amazing trade. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

This thread needs a resident therapist 

May I make a recommendation?

5 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I'm making popcorn to see who cracks first on the potential pattern change. Easy money is on Ji but don't underestimate someone like Heisy or Terpeast getting jumpy :hurrbear:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I'm making popcorn to see who cracks first on the potential pattern change. Easy money is on Ji but don't underestimate someone like Heisy or Terpeast getting jumpy :hurrbear:

Terpeast may be the new betting favorite. I am impressed at his quickness to panic. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Has Ralph already cracked? Haven't seen any posts lately.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Terpeast may be the new betting favorite. I am impressed at his quickness to panic. 

The first time there’s a single run-to-run EPS change to slightly warmer temps after Feb 15 BAMwx will hit the torch emoji so damn fast…

7 hours ago, ravensrule said:

Unfortunately he is a free agent after this year. But he is a true ace and a top 10 pitcher in baseball. I hope we can resign him, if not a one year rental still gives us a legit shot at a WS ring this year. Amazing trade. 

And they didn't have to give up a ton. Where was Ortiz going to play? Lol.

Gunner, Holiday has him blocked  for years to come.

Ortiz is probably the happiest person involved in this trade lol.

Sounds like he is going to get a ton of playing time at the MLB level this year with the brew crew.

• Like 3

Trading for guys in their walk year like Burnes and going after a WS title is what big boy franchises do. And if he walks after this year, which he probably will given Boras as his agent, given the light prospect haul sent for him, it is 100% the right thing to do. The first actual "we are going for it" move. Love it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aldie 22 said:

Not addressing your post at hand, per se, but I just want to say that EJ has become one of the worst posters on this board.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

Not addressing your post at hand, per se, but I just want to say that EJ has become one of the worst posters on this board.

I wouldn’t go that far. I have folks on my ignore list and EJ isn’t one of them. Pessimistic, maybe. But he’s provided a lot of value with the mesonet stuff. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Trading for guys in their walk year like Burnes and going after a WS title is what big boy franchises do. And if he walks after this year, which he probably will given Boras as his agent, given the light prospect haul sent for him, it is 100% the right thing to do. The first actual "we are going for it" move. Love it. 

Love the move.

Back in 14 when they traded Eduardo Rodriguez for Andrew Miller I loved that move also. They had a great team in 14 and went for it all.  They had a legit shot that year but ran into a red hot Royals team in the ALCS.

How Long had it been since you could say the Os were 1 player away from having a legit chance to win it all.

And the best thing about the trade is they didn't have to give up any of there top 5 prospects. Their Farm is still loaded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aldie 22 said:

The post analysis of why this didn’t turn out to be an epic pattern will be glorious. I’m sure someone already has a few pages typed up just in case. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

The post analysis of why this didn’t turn out to be an epic pattern will be glorious. I’m sure someone already has a few pages typed up just in case. 

These epic h5 looks don't always translate into actual desired results. Devil will be in the details.

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

Watch us get one super-sized HECS or even a BECS sometime later this month, but not much else.  You'll have people complaining that we didn't have wall-to-wall snow from Feb. 15-Mar. 15, blah-blah-blah.  Or, alternatively, we score like 3 solid moderate events (4-8" or 6-12" variety) with some legit cold like Feb-Mar 2015, but it "wasn't enough for what should have been an epic pattern!"

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

O's make a QO to him they get that pick back in essence next season too. 

• Like 1

Ok, so the story about this guy...if there are any doubts everyone on staff will confirm my story

14 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

So back in day, his name was Earthlight here.  Good poster, knowledgeable dude, from the Philly forum.  We liked him.  So we put him on staff.  So we started to notice that the Philly forum was getting a bit light.   Eh, no big deal.   Come to find out from a few anonymous PMs that this dude was using his position to poach Philly people from this board to his own...the entire time he was a moderator on staff here.  Look, people are free to start a board and go wherever they please.  That wasn't the issue.  It was that he was a trusted staff member here and was actively poaching members and never resigned and was active in the mod forum.  That was years ago and it's funny now and I'm sure he's a good guy...but back then we were all competitive and engaged in the stupid board wars of the early 2000 teens.  It was a fierce pitched battle.  Many died.  A true widow maker. We've all signed a treaty of Versailles, so I'm sure that will never happen again.  A war to end all wars.

But all of us admins are over the entire thing and I wouldn't even care if he posted here.  We just thought it was a shitty thing to do at the time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Love the move.

Back in 14 when they traded Eduardo Rodriguez for Andrew Miller I loved that move also. They had a great team in 14 and went for it all.  They had a legit shot that year but ran into a red hot Royals team in the ALCS.

How Long had it been since you could say the Os were 1 player away from having a legit chance to win it all.

And the best thing about the trade is they didn't have to give up any of there top 5 prospects. Their Farm is still loaded.

Baseball America unanimously named the O's system the best in baseball for the 3rd straight year. AFTER the trade.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Ok, so the story about this guy...if there are any doubts everyone on staff will confirm my story

So back in day, his name was Earthlight here.  Good poster, knowledgeable dude, from the Philly forum.  We liked him.  So we put him on staff.  So we started to notice that the Philly forum was getting a bit light.   Eh, no big deal.   Come to find out from a few anonymous PMs that this dude was using his position to poach Philly people from this board to his own...the entire time he was a moderator on staff here.  Look, people are free to start a board and go wherever they please.  That wasn't the issue.  It was that he was a trusted staff member here and was actively poaching members and never resigned and was active in the mod forum.  That was years ago and it's funny now and I'm sure he's a good guy...but back then we were all competitive and engaged in the stupid board wars of the early 2000 teens.  It was a fierce pitched battle.  Many died.  A true widow maker. We've all signed a treaty of Versailles, so I'm sure that will never happen again.  A war to end all wars.

But all of us admins are over the entire thing and I wouldn't even care if he posted here.  We just thought it was a shitty thing to do at the time.

Imagine actually TRYING to recruit Philly people for something. It's usually the other way around, lol.

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic