• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

Just now, mreaves said:

Up to about 2.5” 29.6°  I think this is a little better than I expected. It feels like this is the first time out of the low 30’s in a while. 

IMG_3979.jpeg

Damn!  Thats pretty legit.  Band has just been rotting over you.  We’ve seen a couple widely scattered flurries like ~10-15 miles NW.

IMG_7913.jpeg.b1591acda60e250b1b42afe5df99bb3f.jpeg

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Damn!  Thats pretty legit.  Band has just been rotting over you.  We’ve seen a couple widely scattered flurries like ~10-15 miles NW.

IMG_7913.jpeg.b1591acda60e250b1b42afe5df99bb3f.jpeg

I really wish we had better radar coverage on this side of the spine. It would benefit BTV and GYX. 

16 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

They just need to pop a WSR-88D on top of Ascutney.

Ascutney summit would be incredible.  The 0.5 degree base scan would show so much without topography interfering the sample in eastern VT and adjacent NH.  It might even overstate precip given its beam would start at over 3,000ft and increase from there…but zero barriers to the signal in any direction.

• Like 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ascutney summit would be incredible.  The 0.5 degree would show so much without topography interfering scans in eastern VT and adjacent NH.  It might even overstate precip given its beam would start at over 3,000ft and increase from there…but zero barriers to the signal in any direction.

I know right? It'd be some real eye of Sauron sh*t.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Up to about 2.5” 29.6°  I think this is a little better than I expected. It feels like this is the first time out of the low 30’s in a while. 

IMG_3979.jpeg

2” just a little north of you in East Montpelier. Solid moderate to heavy snow right now.  I was in Waterbury for start of the event and noticeably warmer and lighter snow there. Snow picked up and 3F temp difference between Waterbury and Montpelier exits on 89. Jives with Powderfreaks no snow in Stowe earlier. 

• Like 1

Moderate-heavy now.  Maybe 2”.  Still radar looks like lots of holes in the precip.  Maybe we get lucky if it stabilizes with a band and pivots a bit with the low.  4” would be a win.  I imagine there could be a few lucky 8” totals somewhere.

breezy and 32

• Like 1