• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Lots of lingering moisture with enough lift to keep occasional light snow and additional coatings into predawn hours.  Common for Litchfield cty to see these things linger even with poor radar presentation.  Drives DPW crews up there crazy across the county since it forces retreatments and the occasional scraping. Most crews will call it quits soon and then come back in prior to bus runs in the morning... 

yeah I have a couple buddies work for CT DOT, and they are actually itching for this, that OT they used to get with big storms has dried up a lot last few years, and some used to bitch about it until it wasn't there.. speaking of calling it quits, Winchester DPW hasn't been out since about 3, my road has a couple inches on it, and 8/44 are also covered

• Like 1

32F Snowing heavily. Very wet and heavy. Plow came by and left sandbags at the end of my driveway--at least that's what it was like shoveling it! 

NWS calling for 3-5 more inches. We'll see. At this rate it may happen. Bad forecast for the daylight hours, though, with all that hype about a big burst between 10 AM and 2 PM. They should have stuck with their original forecast for the bulk of the snow coming after 5 PM.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Getting into the slot now...best goods will be north of me IMO.

Probably...I'm still sneaking into the banding, its ripping here...but the best is NW. Hopefully back builds south some. Might also fill in a bit from the south in a bit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Probably...I'm still sneaking into the banding, its ripping here...but the best is NW. Hopefully back builds south some. Might also fill in a bit from the south in a bit. 

Looks like next few hours along that path dentrite mentioned of along and just north of the 7H track which looks to me just N of ash to Concord but I’m no pro 

7 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

I'd like to see those bands rotate up here.

It looks like they will.  Also, I think there is a bit of a pivot happening down around MHT now?  Subtle but starting?