• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Maybe New Ispwish area? 

HRRR is probably overdone, but the 22z run goes wild with qpf in SNH this evening. Drops 3/4" around MHT 

If the convective stuff can go wild for more than an hour it would be exciting . But I mean just look at the radar , it’s fulgy

I really did enjoy this heavy snow squally / convective thing that just came thru my area 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think the area is going to be starved for QPF 

Yeah, I think that may be the case. I plan on driving up High Meadow Road in Newbury tomorrow (little over 10 mins away from me) to check out what the wealthy end up with. There are a couple homes up that way that are over 2000ft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Yeah, I think that may be the case. I plan on driving up High Meadow Road in Newbury tomorrow (little over 10 mins away from me) to check out what the wealthy end up with. There are a couple homes up that way that are over 2000ft.

Sounds like a awesome weenie spot and probably nice properties 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

My guess is Miller State park has 

But I meant does anyone have a photo / proof 

image.png.c2a3ecc8c67e14c6a631f9cb55c1b980.png

Miller State Park probably has more. I'm about 850' elevation on the north side of a hill. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If the convective stuff can go wild for more than an hour it would be exciting . But I mean just look at the radar , it’s fulgy

I really did enjoy this heavy snow squally / convective thing that just came thru my area 

I remember folks were saying the same thing the night of 1/7...just saying...

• Like 1

Time sensitive.   Friends just called me from Sturbridge on the Mass Pike.  Heavy snow with many accidents.  Road is slush covered and extremely slippery.  I was actually surprised how bad they said it was.  They were coming from NYC and said the north part of RT 84 was bad to but now they are thinking of getting a hotel instead of continuing east to their home in Boston.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Time sensitive.   Friends just called me from Sturbridge on the Mass Pike.  Heavy snow with many accidents.  Road is slush covered and extremely slippery.  I was actually surprised how bad they said it was.  They were coming from NYC and said the north part of RT 84 was bad to but now they are thinking of getting a hotel instead of continuing east to their home in Boston.  

that area of 84 is always a mess in storms, I remember coming home from Danvers once and there were cars all over the place from the old toll plaza to the blue is treacherous during storms

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I say a couple more hours here then it's done, can already see the echoes west diminishing as the primary coastal takes over, here relies on the front end with these systems, while eor folks get into the CCB and round 2 stuff good

Lots of lingering moisture with enough lift to keep occasional light snow and additional coatings into predawn hours.  Common for Litchfield cty to see these things linger even with poor radar presentation.  Drives DPW crews up there crazy across the county since it forces retreatments and the occasional scraping. Most crews will call it quits soon and then come back in prior to bus runs in the morning... 

• Like 2