• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes. I wasn’t saying WAA always is overdone, just more often than CCB stuff. Front end thumps can be awesome…but models will sometimes overdo it. 

12/16/07 is often our favorite WAA event to talk about around here. 

Best front end thump I ever experienced was in the 2007 Valentines storm. 10” in 3 hours of perfect dendrites. Snowshoed in it. Amazing memory. 

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Some folks are absolutely whistling by the graveyard with this event. Unless you are perched on a hilltop, I’d keep expectations pretty subdued 

Trash AWT since Monday. Onto salvaging some semblance of a season in Feb. I’m optimistic but I’ve peppered my room with a safety net of pessimistic expectations. 

12z HREF mean and max show the difference for most if Part 1 blows or blows up 

The mean is weak sauce and 1-2 for N CT and 2-4 for Berks and 1-2 N of pike with exception of SE NH as at this point run only goes to 0z Monday 

the max shows a big 4-6 stripe for Central CT across  center RI and then a bit less north to you get N of Ma pike and basically hits Berks and ORH and W Middlesex hard 6-8 thru late Sunday eve

26 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Some folks are absolutely whistling by the graveyard with this event. Unless you are perched on a hilltop, I’d keep expectations pretty subdued 

Won’t be a big event even here. But will be a nice way to finish January.  Good month for totals although not much to show for it 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Big difference is the March disappointment is quickly replaced with spring weather and lawn thread.  Here we get 6 weeks of additional meh winter.

Where do you live? Late March and April suck in SNE way more often than not. 

And at this point, it’s closer to 7 plus weeks before spring walks in on 3/22. 

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Where do you live? Late March and April suck in SNE way more often than not. 

And at this point, it’s closer to 7 plus weeks before spring walks in on 3/22. 

Instances March sun and light wind are to be treasured after 36F cloudy/dank weeks at a time in mid winter. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Whole state?

I think you’d need to be north of the Merritt to have a shot. North of HFD even better. But it’s definitely going to be all about the rates/lift. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is thumpy in CT but man, that’s so close on the thermals. Could legit see 4” of wet cement or rain/white rain from that. 

The way things have gone the last couple years…I’ll expect the white rain.  And if we thump hard, I’ll be pleasantly surprised.  

• Like 1

Euro is flaccid outside of isothermal WAA thump for S and SW areas of SNE 

tracked for days and it craps out on QPF couple days  and is basically shreddy and weak over 18 hrs for Ne mass to Ash . Was solid inch for a while now it’s like .7 with no 3 hour period above .20

them are the breaks It appears 

Im hoping folks in CT and RI score on WAA thump 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Anything notable on the backend Monday, or just wintry appeal type stuff on the Euro?

Meh. Not impressed. Euro hasn’t had a good CCB in several runs now. Synoptically with the way the lows track, you’d think someone would do well between CNE and the pike for a while before the whole thing collapses SE but it’s just showing light precip in that zone. 

The conveyor circulations just never get linked up on this storm very well and I think it’s causing a lot of headaches on these solutions. I don’t know how real it is, but it’s a red flag for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3