• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

We have definitely regressed down here to the point where an 8” event(not saying that’s what we see for HFD area) seems like a big dawg to me, especially some wet, synoptic snow. Long, long gone are the days of the seemingly regular 12-15” storms that were happening, what I felt like was once a week during that incredible stretch. 

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Good about somewhere in new England getting hit. And the evolution has completely changed lol

True, low is more north. I agree that the evolution has changed, but it seems to have changed more favorably if anything.

4 minutes ago, Kitz Craver said:

We have definitely regressed down here to the point where an 8” event(not saying that’s what we see for HFD area) seems like a big dawg to me, especially some wet, synoptic snow. Long, long gone are the days of the seemingly regular 12-15” storms that were happening, what I felt like was once a week during that incredible stretch. 

I literally have less than 3 inches on the year here in Trumbull. Last year I think I had one storm in which I used the snow blower - just to use it and keep it in shape - I think it was 3 inches and like 10 on the season last year. This is in all honesty the 4th or 5th lame year (ratter) in a row here in south Trumbull.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Kitz Craver said:

Some weeks there were two, seems we we're tracking storms for 4 weeks straight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuildingScienceWx said:

Bethany has a few roads in the northern section of town over 800'. I lost a bidding war to one of the houses at 820'...

I have a friend who lives near the highest point in Bethany - it's way different there than at my place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cut said:

I literally have less than 3 inches on the year here in Trumbull. Last year I think I had one storm in which I used the snow blower - just to use it and keep it in shape - I think it was 3 inches and like 10 on the season last year. This is in all honesty the 4th or 5th lame year (ratter) in a row here in south Trumbull.

Geezus man 

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Unless it bumps north another 60 or so ?

Yeah sure, if the CCB is tracking over NNE then it’s a moot point. But I’m talking if this is mostly as depicted on the synoptics….it would quickly be a paste storm over the interior after brief rain to start. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah sure, if the CCB is tracking over NNE then it’s a moot point. But I’m talking if this is mostly as depicted on the synoptics….it would quickly be a paste storm over the interior after brief rain to start. 

I was more just trying to keep Kevin’s pants from coming off 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Some weeks there were two, seems we we're tracking storms for 4 weeks straight.

There was a storm over a foot on January 8-9, 1988 at ORH and then we didn’t get another double digit storm until December 1992. Almost 5 years. 

If it can happen at 1000 feet over interior MA over 3 decades ago, it can happen a lot longer elsewhere. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Euro is the one that remained fairly amped....

Yes sir..so far. And that’s the point. Can it hold on to that solution, Luke it used to be able to do for the most part?  It doesn’t do that anymore.  Let’s see if it falls apart at 1:15 like it normally does of late, or can it double down, and act like the old school Euro. 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I was more just trying to keep Kevin’s pants from coming off 

Yeah I’m not overly confident yet. Kevin has definitely bought in…I do think he’s in a decent spot right now but I’d really like to see some more agreement on guidance. 12z so far (sans clown range NAM) is actually all pretty close, which is something we haven’t really seen so far in this system. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

There was a storm over a foot on January 8-9, 1988 at ORH and then we didn’t get another double digit storm until December 1992. Almost 5 years. 

If it can happen at 1000 feet over interior MA over 3 decades ago, it can happen a lot longer elsewhere. 

Were those years overly dry during winter ?

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

As we always say…folks were spoiled. Now that were back to the lean years, they wimper for mamma.  Need to toughen up.