• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

9 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Gordon Barnes was a TV met on Channel 2 in NY, and News Radio 88, back in the 60s into the mid-70s.  At least once per winter, his morning radio discussion would be about the weak sauce storm coming  out of the TN  Valley, and maybe we would get an inch or so.  Then in his afternoon update, he would tell us the storm is exploding off the Delmarva "like dropping dry ice in a Martini".  His forecast would then call for 4-8 in the city and CT (meaning lower Fairfield County), 2-4 north and west, with 8-12 over central Jersey and eastern LI.

I really miss those wild surprises.  At the risk of sounding like the Unabomber, I prefer the pre-technology days when it comes to weather.

Very cool. Craig Allen still with 880 WCBS was my radio guy. I had to wait until the end until he said out on Eastern LI which translated well to my SRI location. I loved his busts as he definitely leans warm

11 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Gordon Barnes was a TV met on Channel 2 in NY, and News Radio 88, back in the 60s into the mid-70s.  At least once per winter, his morning radio discussion would be about the weak sauce storm coming  out of the TN  Valley, and maybe we would get an inch or so.  Then in his afternoon update, he would tell us the storm is exploding off the Delmarva "like dropping dry ice in a Martini".  His forecast would then call for 4-8 in the city and CT (meaning lower Fairfield County), 2-4 north and west, with 8-12 over central Jersey and eastern LI.

I really miss those wild surprises.  At the risk of sounding like the Unabomber, I prefer the pre-technology days when it comes to weather.

We got a little taste of the pre-tech days a couple days ago on Tuesday lol. A couple inches at best with storm sliding south being forecast as we went to bed, turned into 12.5” here the next morning.  Pre-Technology days at its best in the technology era :snowing::lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Unless there’s back building, this is an inch and done here. The stuff in Vermont is fading away and all the action is over by the coast. It’s been a quick inch but that may be about it.

It does look like that stuff in Vermont is fading away. 01z HRRR still wants to give a little QPF throughout the night though. Not that I have much faith in it. 

• Like 1