• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

Amazing day out there today.  My station is biased high when in directly sunlight, but it read a high of 67.3.  Felt real close to it too.  Shorts, t-shirt, grilling, getting the D (vitamin) from head to toe today.  I'll take days like this every February, please.  

Going to take some time tomorrow to get more firewood staged to burn through the upcoming snowy/winter period.  What an awesome area we live in to see such wild swings!

image.thumb.png.9827c20f51c58a7a10511b72eef8fa47.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Layman said:

Amazing day out there today.  My station is biased high when in directly sunlight, but it read a high of 67.3.  Felt real close to it too.  Shorts, t-shirt, grilling, getting the D (vitamin) from head to toe today.  I'll take days like this every February, please.  

Going to take some time tomorrow to get more firewood staged to burn through the upcoming snowy/winter period.  What an awesome area we live in to see such wild swings!

image.thumb.png.9827c20f51c58a7a10511b72eef8fa47.png

easy there, tiger :sizzle:

9 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I saw on the news today's high either tied or broke a record for this exact date one year ago, not surprised, last Feb was warm, at least we have a storm in a few days this year.

MHT 62, CON 60, PWM 54. All record highs today. CON broke their record by 5F. 

And yet we have WSWs up in SNE. 

5 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Think next weekend is our best shot for the coast before the pattern breaks down 

It would be very unfortunate if the good pattern coming broke down that fast. I’m hoping to not see bare ground until late March after Tuesdays snow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Lots of melting out there today, temps ranged from the mid to upper 50s. I live on a dirt road and between today and the last few days, it thawed and my poor corolla gets sucked into all the tire ruts created by the overly large pick up trucks everyone seems to drive up here.

• Like 2

Summertime hail storms and localized downpours today.  Lightning and thunder in the the 15-20 mile radius.

Just another February day.  The weather and cloud cover was so much like a summer cold front day.  Torrential precipitation while the sky was breaking blue… convective.

IMG_8092.jpeg.fdbecccf7989400671374727b37e960d.jpeg

IMG_8090.jpeg.9c5907ec6031bd9d26c594a89bea50e0.jpeg

• Like 6

Crazy February day - temp got only to 46 but with the mild overnight the mean was +21.  Brief (10 minutes) but noisy TS arrived at 4 PM with small hail, torrential rain (0.35" with catpaws) and 2 strikes within 1/2 mile, closer than anything last summer, plus others within a mile or so.  I can't recall seeing rain that dense in February before yesterday.

• Like 1