• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup. If winter has no signs of showing up by SB Sunday, it’s time for baseball and lawn prepping. 

Yep, by mid Feb nothing sticks around.  Can get some big dogs but they start melting as soon as the storm pulls away, even up in DendriteLand. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

6z gfs is laughable. Gotta just tip our caps to mother nature’s ability to keep constant pressure on our throats. 

Wake me up near Vday. All ensembles showing a decent PNA and troughiness in the east, but you know the drill. 

48 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup. If winter has no signs of showing up by SB Sunday, it’s time for baseball and lawn prepping. 

The Bug is already prepped for its first drive of the spring, and the '77 bus resto is well underway. It's healthy to have other hobbies to take your mind off crap patterns :D

• Like 3

Minus 15 down hill at the river. -5 at the house 150' vert 1/4mi up hill from river.

Tracking an Alberta Clipper for Thursday here. Not much excitement about it from the Connecticutians...

Headin out for a ride once temp climbs a bit.

ABLVV85M22u6ER7tPW4OGl6cC-v8F_3Rb16MhaHU-K1r1l13Ri2hKbPJvKNw_Rwm-26_cEHEUwDDO_3TTBCDeJtAgMVnNW7MeZAtmg60VEv6hA4PlbQYKmyDcpAYNr6VMcTKiZGAqap8CKHjp5PT1i6rL4uiqxcpjURy_-0oLG4sLtPaV_Yk57ltmpv_G5Di-3reFJKR9lZavb0Mij-cHMcntQ-2k3czFWX0md7SyBClRCSHVVX7fbik1RmZsfWjujnbYoCcY8oPbUWa0wey13xaz-L7G4GZcLugggcfvLFjc6XBAv1lmlzHteoUSRPl3qrnZs4_SjD8stnqsWTdqF75Ft6j8zMnlgFfkyRvfY16k4sGf_8OOI99sJOXw74KFvS2DXzc5c9-8IPiw3EZgAL-76AsQLgr1Tjb6aAVeD2h7QKkb5ain6Wq5RPO_Xv-F-iSgW3F7MyDu_mfrX4Gv_wSuaSxAOfHHUonNO7QJsP1d8LUQbUcT-k9epYXXC2Dp4crcN85nEPHMfgdvOmV9FJRcuNK5wiTj3f0wOD9FLtLHwzhWOqefXRz_EJMD_drZ1IIBGhAur1I1dxdTGf2BTsStpZGsPjML2aJhHemaJbhoC-RIqD8oEk9uIcHY_9wVAmDKiMnZzMNdAwPfZlNv5blCf1BJ9wpQxPhh6hvjrGn3k0MbGZuBfiCPieUrdeYeXxRqsZPPDFF7xuQ-dTmKiDoeHiBblQBv2NABlvPeoMpxJaNRnOV58sd-HVnrYumfIt-DcV80UumdJEy3DXbhhUYGirU08DdLDZoOeCku7QhGoskZ1OAziMfv-dQPyzK36ebRDyP8mTHb5C619k1MOGfNJRVQyVeVk2NHmukg8ExyDbQ42CTT36LNRb52ZmzRzwSf1zQ7xAjkMaw5gxpOasYfgurjb4=w889-h667-s-no?authuser=0

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Not really, depends on how cold it is up here.

Some of These people are just completely out of their gord.   Now we have people saying snow melts as quickly as it stops in mid February…WTF? Who the heck are these dummies?   And they have the nerve to say it happens in NNE too.  This place is a complete f’n dumpster fire.  Lots of utter worthless and untrue BS. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, gonegalt said:

Minus 15 down hill at the river. -5 at the house 150' vert 1/4mi up hill from river.

Tracking an Alberta Clipper for Thursday here. Not much excitement about it from the Connecticutians...

Headin out for a ride once temp climbs a bit.

ABLVV86_UWQjuGkhdQU2DXUaz3RhiUHPUHxWEbmh4cXS6I0HyoD-UspwMlPNVYFX84ujVxndNpjmHH6m2e4EL00rvXhqbCFWOWnWXwNgjU1pu1Cz2eHy_6cmr6vhE9HmgJQCyvMkk2Lzv-s4xOGyrQGZhCwDHzXx9YsRm26vciPM8vSavPndNl8ZuSu_FFcUcK9sshcUwG_5KtG7A7yezodLl0CwY1Yi1D5zr_DMynVu4GASZYLMDTTsj7urLqBIPLyoeM-w1tVSgFatXunaBonvVa3wPWDiHtfV8ymymBLLb_JA3-A_L4Sza1WsH6VoG1THguH4ug0MPaYlXFfI54FJLwf_oTyg9N8q0kqnxcM5-2NfW6ntOEwXRAKmJDpaFsoKvIl8NCbRxECyCFttsSev2AkehBKsJ-jZ0lBJn6SUXY0MMc8Yz2x7Df1zHv1sqkhgaB2kQ14U_3lsGWg3wqgv5gvLg-YjN0xvDrFg-Y6UP-3ZF8HHWwZLRsi5suq6P-81zqQ04rMFCkVPtrJ0JaHjd9mrHKI9-MRye1rw4WwYLEVbR6eNaxiAqqAe0VHlSNFPUljamjYF1iVhbhhP51BuI0R9Xyv-gqBN4dbXIxNwDhA59RshvaurYPoPt6Vl2muihj_8mTaysZLqpJJzZT5qfkwrHSSb8tXPQshsSAqNhiOK-jnd_WVLs-0hlH2eZRP5OB_VQBPcoEsjIxitWvpKrkgDqfvUPDEhSvd10WRV0yZ_pApuLP-kPLeZYy7DXFD-JGyEt5tefIgVofomtYYlieOUi38uHQqGWcJo5gMMiGoI_2SQd8j2_J1pKqrIScJWzBz_7SpbJSvnCJinr42XpQLRgQfVDSqHeh88BZ__9zHelQ1hdPLEUwgcAGYhf4h1ASoK3vUR19UgLOfEwuYj9kDfZ9A=w889-h667-s-no?authuser=0

Hoping you guys score some on Thursday, hoping to :snowing:be back by mid February.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Some of These people are just completely out of their gord.   Now we have people saying snow melts as quickly as it stops in mid February…WTF? Who the heck are these dummies?   And they have the nerve to say it happens in NNE too.  This place is a complete f’n dumpster fire.  Lots of utter worthless and untrue BS. 

Snowflakes need their snowflake fix. They've gone from weenie to downright delusional

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Snowflakes need their snowflake fix. They've gone from weenie to downright delusional

It’s absolutely sickening.  Delusional might be an understatement.  It’s January 30th…you have folks talking as if it’s March 30th.  Hate to break it to these Einsteins, but you live in SNE, winter may suck currently, but nobody is basking in 65-70 degrees for months yet(maybe by late May..if we’re fortunate). Folks think because there’s no snow, it’s just gonna miraculously warm up by mid February….delusional beyond belief. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

My front yard faces south and that is what happens unless it is very cold....meaning the snow begins to melt the next day after a snowstorm if it is sunny with normal temp..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

My front yard faces south and that is what happens unless it is very cold....meaning the snow begins to melt the next day after a snowstorm if it is sunny with normal temp..

Yup, anything along the highways and under trees is toast quickly 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Yep same. And by Feb 15 it’s certainly noticeable in those areas that have S exposure. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s absolutely sickening.  Delusional might be an understatement.  It’s January 30th…you have folks talking as if it’s March 30th.  Hate to break it to these Einsteins, but you live in SNE, winter may suck currently, but nobody is basking in 65-70 degrees for months yet(maybe by late May..if we’re fortunate). Folks think because there’s no snow, it’s just gonna miraculously warm up by mid February….delusional beyond belief. 

Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the den.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Yes…but that’s not a problem for winter activities, and it doesn’t mean we don’t have good snow cover in February in good/seasonable patterns. Folks love to exaggerate. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Right, that's why all the snow pics I share are of my backyard :lol:. My front yard is terrible with snow retention

the shady part of my backyard retains snow far longer than the front yard or the sunny part of the backyard...especially when there isn't any frost in the ground.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

fire.webp

• Haha 3

Wolfie you should take you own advice and log off when nothing is going on and nothing is forecast to for 14 days , there is really nothing going on for days and all you Are gonna be is frustrated and then replying to people who are complaining the winter sucks . There is literally no upside for you 

I plan on doing the same as there isn’t much to talk about 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1