Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

12 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Alarm set for 5am. Coffee (maybe an espresso martini instead) and a Jebwalk definitely happening. For me personally, this is why I spend countless hours obsessing about snow in this place. I truly just love getting outside when it’s rippin white fluffy asteroids, and the only sound I can hear are the flakes hitting my jacket (and JI screaming he sees the back edge). So soothing and peaceful. Lolz. Looking forward to another beautiful snow day in the DMV…

More like 3:00 am here.  Snow, Djokovic, and wood stove! 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

I am very glad that you are back; we've overlapped in years of posting.  I stopped being active here after the 2020/2021 season. There were so many actual Winter Storm Warnings issued that far unperformed that season that I just didn't feel like following the weather anymore. But, I guess this season is pulling me back as well.

May this be the year our love for weather returns. :)

I'm watching carefully because my fiancee is supposed to be flying in tomorrow.

1 minute ago, jacindc said:

I will tell you all that I watched about four feet of snow fall in my little spot in Wyoming last winter, but it just wasn't the same without this group of surly malcontents tracking it every step of the way.

it's more fun to share with others, no doubt.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Alarm set for 5am. Coffee (maybe an espresso martini instead) and a Jebwalk definitely happening. For me personally, this is why I spend countless hours obsessing about snow in this place. I truly just love getting outside when it’s rippin white fluffy asteroids, and the only sound I can hear are the flakes hitting my jacket (and JI screaming he sees the back edge). So soothing and peaceful. Lolz. Looking forward to another beautiful snow day in the DMV…

LMAO!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jacindc said:

I will tell you all that I watched about four feet of snow fall in my little spot in Wyoming last winter, but it just wasn't the same without this group of surly malcontents tracking it every step of the way.

Should we notify the Defense Department about the status of your nuclear sidewalk?  

• Like 1

We should get 3-4".. Hrr looks pretty impressive, still snowing at 4pm. Interesting to see if they do better than the global models here in the short range. 

Euro NAM and GFS all had 2-3”, with 4+” lollipops. Just differ on exact location. Not 1-2”.

I think 2-4” is a solid call for the general area with 1-2” south of dc and 3-4” closer to the MD PA border. Someone will hit 5” (prob PSU)