Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan/Early Feb Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Not gonna lie, I really want the 5-6th window to work out. Been tracking it for ages it seems, and it is still almost 10 days away lol. How great would it be to get a moderate event leading into what looks like the period with the most upside this winter.

Good Luck Cape!  The 18z GFS says southern suppression but there is a plenty of time!

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I think the potential is there regardless. And not just for the 6th. February has a chance to be really special. 

It just seems so unreal. I always thought the Valentine to PD period would be our big one, and this pattern wouldn't even be ripe until mid-month. Now we're talking a potential MECS on Feb 6 with many more big storms possible down the road?

Last time I felt this way was December 2009.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 2

23 minutes ago, Fozz said:

So if this "super block" ends up just slightly weaker than currently advertised, then we could potentially have a KU storm around Feb 5-6?

It's not the h5 look that historically produces a KU. The 'super block' bs is hyperbole.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It's not the h5 look that historically produces a KU. The 'super block' bs is hyperbole.

Do you think a big southern slider is in play (with more moderate snow for us like 1/30/2010), or was the 00z Euro out to lunch?

This whole look seems very suppressive to me.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Do you think a big southern slider is in play (with more moderate snow for us like 1/30/2010), or was the 00z Euro out to lunch?

This whole look seems very suppressive to me.

If that NS vortex is stronger/further south then yeah it could end up suppressing a stronger wave to our south(yay NC), or if the wave is on the weaker side it might just become damped/strung out as it moves east and won't amount to much of anything even for places further south. Still plenty of options on the table.

• Like 2