Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Did Someone Say Clipper(Hybrid)!?! 1/18-1/19

Frog Town

5 hours ago, Paulie21 said:

Yeah the LE looks almost textbook. Crazy long fetch with steady 600+ lake induced CAPE for hours. Could definitely see 3"+/hr rates in that at times.

The Superior connection adds fuel to the fire

3 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

These might be the smallest flakes I've ever seen.  Like salt grains coming down lol

Ratios might be trash outside of enhanced areas of snowfall.

Sounds about right. Lol. We had an uptrend in models now followed by a downtrend. By the looks of this, I was thinking it could be an overperformer. Guess not, ha. #2024

38 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

These might be the smallest flakes I've ever seen.  Like salt grains coming down lol

Ratios might be trash outside of enhanced areas of snowfall.

sounds very similar to the snow i experienced last saturday night.  barely even visible

33 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

I would feel bad for you, but I’m still bitter about the 1,000,000” inches you hit last year while I stared at brown all season 

No salty tears from me, backyard has been white all month and yeah last year was quite epic to say the least. I just like to bitch. :P

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sbnwx85 said:

The HRRR scoots the lake effect band further toward South Bend Friday afternoon/evening before shifting back west. Would cut down on huge totals in any one location but "spread the wealth" over a slightly wider area.

That meso low feature has popped up a few times. If it occurs, would certainly influence the final outcome. Surprises can happen up to last minute on these southern LM lake effect events. 

• Like 1

Great little band has setup in east MO including St. Louis Metro. Not sure how long it will last, but may bring us up to just over an 1 given we have a heavy dusting now. Temp 26.