• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

Kind of off topic, but I know there are a lot of skiers here. Planning on skiing Monday. Any recommendations? Current plan is Ragged. Never skied there, but hear it's pretty good in the trees.... that is if there's enough cover. I'm guessing there shoud be enough by noon..

any help/recommendations appreciated.

And Merry Christmas to all! Feels llike I got my Red Rider!

Cannon already has snow so that's one to consider.. Day of the storm may be troublesome for winds at all resorts and given the current lack of snow, ropes are unlikely to drop right away during the storm.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I deleted my post, but yeah...I'm still a little concerned about it bombing too far south with time.

Go measure your 2" of white grass. :weenie:;)

LOL, hopefully we benefit from better ratios due to less wind up here. Even if we can eek out 12:1 it'd be awesome.

Things are smoothing out model wise, very tight cluster on a monster south of LI , with such tremendous inflow and crashing heights any mix should constitute minimal parts of the storm. Look for as HM said internal gravity waves, tremendous CsI banding. I might not be good at predicting ahead too far but my review of the dynamics this AM tells me this has the potential to be a top ten impact. As Is usual some areas will get some downslope drying issues but all share in 'The Christmas Miracle Storm of 2010' today in between egg Nog and food I will be checking the CSI/ Gravity wave potential, mesomodel time. Good time for all to pull the trigger and let all loved ones know this is real and they are spectacular.

Ok Scott, you say it, time for you to give us some numbers snow wise. Man o man.

Messenger waiting , you threw out numbers yesterday all day, waiting for update.

Why is any of that an epic fail?

Because they have handled the event poorly and it will surprise a great many people during one of the busiest travel times of the year. Discounting all of the runs yesterday was silly. Many of the mets here knew it, or that they should at least be paid attention to and not tossed in the garbage. If this verifies...ouch.

M

Kind of off topic, but I know there are a lot of skiers here. Planning on skiing Monday. Any recommendations? Current plan is Ragged. Never skied there, but hear it's pretty good in the trees.... that is if there's enough cover. I'm guessing there shoud be enough by noon..

any help/recommendations appreciated.

And Merry Christmas to all! Feels llike I got my Red Rider!

MRG is 100% open. First in the East. You want steep trees, go there. They already have snow. See you there.

I've got mine ready...

BTW, Nelly C. on NECN said that a few inches are likely! Can't wait for Tim Kelly to give her the boot, even though she's much easier to look at.

I watch her with the sound muted....she's something.

Got to go get gas for the genny today. Liking my position here in "interior SE MA". Crank it up, F**kers!

Archived