joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a met standpoint, this is incredible...I can't believe what just happened in the last 24 hrs. Stunning. Absolutely Stunning.

I'm still wary of a further nw track and ptype issues, but man this is spectacular.

Well, I know it would suck if that happened for some down your way, But it would help up here........ :weight_lift:

From a met standpoint, this is incredible...I can't believe what just happened in the last 24 hrs. Stunning. Absolutely Stunning.

I'm still wary of a further nw track and ptype issues, but man this is spectacular.

I'm not sure the NW trend is done. Hoping to cash in here, we've done quite well with similar looking systems.

Well, I know it would suck if that happened for some down your way, But it would help up here........ :weight_lift:

I'm not sure the NW trend is done. Hoping to cash in here, we've done quite well with similar looking systems.

Yeah, I know what you guys want....lol. Actually, dryslot...you might not want this any further, because I could see a dryslot (haha) approaching cstl Maine.

Yeah, I know what you guys want....lol. Actually, dryslot...you might not want this any further, because I could see a dryslot (haha) approaching cstl Maine.

00z and 06z on both runs sort of leveled off the westward trend. Still nudged a bit but pretty stationary. And the NAM/SREFs have developed a decently little camp a bit east of the GFS. If the Euro holds firm or nudges east a tad will probably be a good sign.

LOL, my son's doing flips because santa brough him a Wii. I'm doing flips after looking at the models.

This has to be one of the most dramatic 5 days of lead-in to a storm. But I guess when you have up to 3 shortwaves phasing together you'll have to expect wild swings.

Now its all about short term forecasting, placement of the heavy precip. coastal front, mixing etc..

Merry Christmas everyone!

Yeah Scott, But typically thats usually to my east, I would get some serious banding on the nw side if it does..... :snowman:

If it stays near the ME coast or goes a little further nw..you would probably have sick banding. The dryslot can enhance snow immediately on the nw side. It actually destabilizes the air in that band.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Stayed up too late watching the Euro returns with 1500 other weenies but it had the excitement of a playoff game!

GFS looks even better for W. Ma this morning - hopefully at nobody else expense.

There will be winners and losers, There always is with these type of storms...........

If it stays near the ME coast or goes a little further nw..you would probably have sick banding. The dryslot can enhance snow immediately on the nw side. It actually destabilizes the air in that band.

At times i am just NW of the coastal front which as we know can be good or can be bad depending on how much of a push we get, I thought 06 nam if i remeber i have looked at so many runs this am looked like a pretty solid track for here.......

Where would those be setting up?

Well it looks like the cstl front will be nasty and potentially have a sick band to the nw. That may setup close to BOS on a ssw-nne line. Too early to figure out, but with such strong onshore flow...you have to think just along and west of the front...there would be one hell of a band.

What was the deal on the EC and EC Ensembles? Track/precip/type?

Merry Christmas!

Interlude for playing with dolls...the kids wise guys...

12z ua looks pretty much like the models. GFS better handling of the structure in LA, NAM maybe a smidge better elsewhere but they look fine for 6-12 hour forecasts.

With the Monday storm and it may bear no basis in fact this time:

1. Gfs was worst between the EC/NAM/GFS. Nam was probably best. As we got into the trough I'd say the EC domintated in close once it figured it out.

2. Every other model was terrible including the nogaps.

I probably still think a track about on the BM is most likely, but there are wild cards.

Drying taking place in Bill Clinton country, she's starting to pop!

Expect some wild changes at 12z, I'm kind of thinking that we will see the continunity/burp muted out on this run and with the featues all in play on our own soil and with the last days fiasco error checking to the supreme FTW.

Archived