• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

I knew the reverend would bring me strength! I'd be more comforted if ALY had the confidence to at put my neighboring VT zones at least into a watch. Again, I'm ohping the seconday max. It's my story and I'm sticking with it!

OT--in my first post of the day, I managed to relocate the "tray" that had been at the bottom of my screen so it now goes across the right hand side. It's driving me crazy and I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

I've done that before.and usually play around with it till I fix it. I think I right clicked or something or drag and dropped it back to the bottom of the screen. Can't recall exactly

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Moneypit.. See point 1..Love HM

Well, the MJO pulse is rounding the 60W to 60E belt, aiding in this potential major snowstorm for many locations. The situation is very similar to early November, as described in the first two posts. Notice that the GWO/AAM etc were all doing this then and produced the autumn version of what's ahead for us this weekend (you have to admit there is a strong similarity between the maps in post 2 and what's ahead).

A few pointers:

1. Just because you're not in the heaviest QPF, doesn't mean you will not see heavy snow. Systems like this always have a sick band on the NW edge near the dry air that produces more snow than indicated, especially when this thing begins to occlude/mature. Then if the wind isn't too disturbing, there is always the ratio factor.

2. I don't think we will see a monster gravity wave that cuts off snow like we did a couple years ago but we will see internal gravity waves with gusty winds and heavy snow, should this thing behave like the 00z GFS.

3. Snowfall rates will likely exceed 2"/hr in some of the CSI bands at the core of the max WAA/PVA.

Merry Christmas. :)

Outside of the jackpot areas of interior eastern MA, BOX's AFD shows some tough love:

GENERALLY FORECAST

QPF AMOUNTS RANGING 0.25 TO 0.50 INCH NORTHWEST TO 1 TO 1.5 INCHES

SOUTHEAST IN LINE WITH THE 21Z SREF.

Plus mixing at the Cape.

How often do you see a storm that has the Cape excluded from the watch yet QPF that (on it's face) falls short of warning criteria in the NW zones. lol

I would say that this will bust one way or the other. I find it hard to believe both would happen. But, I'm not a meteorologist. I just play one on tv.

THanks, Kevin. I will take that to heart. BOX only has western franklin with POP of 50/60/50 (Sunday/Night/Monday). They are really hedgin their bets on the NAM. I may need to go visit Chris!

Just remember the nam has been remarkably bad all season. IT might be the one with issues lol. Everything else is going the other way.

Mike you'll do fine..in fact your area very often is the 2ndary maxima in the big ones. 1-2 feet for you.

No focusing on qpf..remember?

OMG, I know it's X-mas but I can't even address MPM, Only he could wake up to this and grouse. He hasn't lived here long enough to know what happpens when a bomb like this goes off. I wish he'd stop with the bad JUJU.

OMG, I know it's X-mas but I can't even address MPM, Only he could wake up to this and grouse. He hasn't lived here long enough to know what happpens when a bomb like this goes off. I wish he'd stop with the bad JUJU.

I'm not grousing.. lol I'm excited (though it may keep my in-lalws here longer, ftl.

Now, I'm enjoying my new amp. Hope to see some continued amping of the storm solution, too!!!

Merry Christmas.

My only words for the am:

Live by the gfs die by the gfs. I hope it snows in nw Maine but to think the models are right now is foolish after the worst model

Performance since 1/25/00. Changes prob aren't done yet

No kidding :lol: How wild this had been. To think, in <36 hours the GFS has over a foot of snow at DCA, the NAM has flurries. Most incredible model fluctuations we've seen in a decade.

Anyway, for MBY, NAM would be a thing of beauty, GFS eh not so much. SE NE would dryslot with an H5 that far west and max would probably be NW of where the QPF max lies.

Right now, hoping for some small miracles that the heavier snow line make it up into Lebanon/upper valley region of NH. They are def in a snow drought (only about 50 inches last year...some 25-30 inches below normal) and have only about 5 inches thus far this year. With a SW-NE precip shield, it may be tough, but maybe we can fluff up several inches anyways. Merry Christmas everyone! This is going to be a fun one to watch!!

Archived