Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

7 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

3.5” in Westminster. I’m happy it snowed but, that’s a bust. Was expecting at least 4.5” based on what DC area got plus the warning upgrade. 

You'll see more snow this winter. Because we've only just begun........

You really need to crank this oldie but goodie up, to well over 1400 decibels! It really gets going at 0:57! These folks really knew how to sing, and they get all the glorious glory of the happiness and ultimate Heaven that snow IS, across very, very well!

• Haha 1

Now, it is high time to get out there and dig snow! Dig it off the sidewalks! Dig it off the street! Pile it up in all the places that are north of any sunlight blocking object, such as the north side of your house! Pile it HIGH! Wave your snow freak flag very high for all to see! Make sure you have the biggest, tallest snow piles in your entire neighborhood! Do it with pride and with love! This way when that hated dreaded sun comes out, there's NO WAY it will be able to melt your precious snow! Then enjoy long leisurely jebwalks with the puppy!

Measured 4.8” and made a spotter report. There was a bit of sleet or freezing drizzle layer on top of the snow, so I bet I would have been over 5” if I’d waken my lazy ass up at 1am to make a 6 hourly measurement and snowboard wipe. 

• Like 3

Just now, WxUSAF said:

HoCo and AA the only 2 counties still on a delay. If HoCo doesn’t close my daughter’s going to punch me. Spanish midterm today…:unsure:

I mean if OPM closes that should be enough for them to close.  The problem with being the in house met is you get blamed for every weather event.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Howard and Anne Arundel counties are trying to get on Mattie's good side.  They've refused to budge on the 2 hour delay.  Carroll and Baltimore city and county closed. Frederick was already closed for students.

About 4" here.

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

HoCo and AA the only 2 counties still on a delay. If HoCo doesn’t close my daughter’s going to punch me. Spanish midterm today…:unsure:

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I mean if OPM closes that should be enough for them to close.  The problem with being the in house met is you get blamed for every weather event.  

And HoCo closed 

• Like 3