• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow Friday 1/19/24: is it a period of light snow (less than 2"), or is there a chance of a 5" swath in part of the NYC subforum? Event OBS.

wdrag

2 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Last winter we didn’t even get a day that felt like winter 

At least we're getting a hardcore winter week -- cold all week with 2 snow events. Light snow events, but it's much better than last January when we had nothing at all. Even if tomorrow is only 2 to 3 inches (looking most likely to me right now), I'll be happy with that. Of course we'd love to see a big storm, but getting 4-5 inches of snow in a week isn't bad. Especially since it isn't melting right away. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

At least we're getting a hardcore winter week -- cold all week with 2 snow events. Light snow events, but it's much better than last January when we had nothing at all. Even if tomorrow is only 2 to 3 inches (looking most likely to me right now), I'll be happy with that. Of course we'd love to see a big storm, but getting 4-5 inches of snow in a week isn't bad. Especially since it isn't melting right away. 

Agreed. Snow is still on the roofs and trees here which is indicative of a cold week. I’ll take it and enjoy it because it’s not going to last

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah this isn't going to plan for a strong el nino winter for sure. No big KUs but not getting shut out either. Granted the warm rainy December and first half of Jan was on par

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Franklin0529 said:

Mt Holly bullish 

received_742467204472964.jpeg

I agree with that, maybe a tad too high in the 3-4 zone up north but the 4-6 is legit given the IVT setup....if that happens its likely areas in there see more than what many models are spitting out in C-SNJ

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Agreed. Snow is still on the roofs and trees here which is indicative of a cold week. I’ll take it and enjoy it because it’s not going to last

Yes even in the UWS, still a very wintry scene.

Edit: Especially now with light snow falling

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

The hrrr didnt show much precip for today but it is snowing,might be a few burst of snow for everyone later,once the mini cold front passes by with some waa ahead of it. It should start to light up the radar soon.

Yup not one model showed it. snowing lightly here. I think Walt Mentioned it in his write up that today's light snow could saturate the column which could help with tomorrow's event.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Yup not one model showed it. snowing lightly here. I think Walt Mentioned it in his right up that today's light snow could saturate the column which could help with tomorrow's event.

I actually think where it snows today,is where the snow sets up for tomm. Everything is been trending dryer and south with recent runs and im not buying it. Everything goes north within 12 hours of the event. 

3 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Yup not one model showed it. snowing lightly here. I think Walt Mentioned it in his write up that today's light snow could saturate the column which could help with tomorrow's event.

Dry air is not a huge concern tomorrow in my mind...flow is W-SW through most of the column til tomorrow AM...the problem simply is the trof/system tracking most likely too far south but it would not shock me at all if many stations in the metro have more snow from this than they did the last event, albeit not by a ton but certainly could exceed it by 0.5-1 across the board...2.7 at NYC would not exactly shock me at all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Anyone have the ballpark timing for tomorrow’s festivities ? When do you think it begin and when does it end ? Thanks 

Starts between 5-7 AM, wrapping up by 8-9 PM for most. Evening commute might be interesting

• Like 2