• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow Friday 1/19/24: is it a period of light snow (less than 2"), or is there a chance of a 5" swath in part of the NYC subforum? Event OBS.

wdrag

Winter Weather Advisory
for Middlesex County

Issued by National Weather Service
Philadelphia, PA
3:16 PM EST Wed, Jan 17, 2024

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT THURSDAY NIGHT TO 7 PM EST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches.

* WHERE...Portions of central, northern and northwest New Jersey and east central, northeast and southeast Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...From midnight Thursday night to 7 PM EST Friday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Temperatures will rapidly drop into the teens late Friday night. Any untreated roads will become icy and dangerous.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

&&

• Like 2

East of the GSP, particularly the barrier islands might have some trouble with mixing with the easterly wind. Ocean temps are still in the mid-upper 40s (44091 is 46.5)

Early call is 2" here. Could be more, could be less depending on where the Norlun trof sets up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The RAP/SREF are showing their usual NW bias at this range...its why I have said if you can pick a spot to be right now I'd go with a Long Branch-Cranbury-Marlboro-South Brunswick line....I think the IVT may set up somewhere between about EWR and TTN in the end based off just past tendency of where these go from 48-60 hours out

Not sure I agree with this. Inverted troughs usually end up trending further Northeast as the event comes closer. My guess is Eastern Long Island and Southeast New England for the win.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

The vort keeps ticking north 

If you follow the last four runs of the NAM it shows the snow trending North and East with each consecutive run. That's pretty typical of inverted troughs. You never want to be in the bullseye more than 24 hours out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If you follow the last four runs of the NAM it shows the snow trending North and East with each consecutive run. That's pretty typical of inverted troughs. You never want to be in the bullseye more than 24 hours out.

Agree

There is a limit though with the confluence. 

46 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Winter Weather Advisory
for Middlesex County

Issued by National Weather Service
Philadelphia, PA
3:16 PM EST Wed, Jan 17, 2024

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT THURSDAY NIGHT TO 7 PM EST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches.

* WHERE...Portions of central, northern and northwest New Jersey and east central, northeast and southeast Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...From midnight Thursday night to 7 PM EST Friday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Temperatures will rapidly drop into the teens late Friday night. Any untreated roads will become icy and dangerous.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

&&

We probably have a better chance of getting to 3 with this one since it's all snow and better snow ratios. Not a big event obviously, but I'll gladly take it. Looking forward to Friday! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

We probably have a better chance of getting to 3 with this one since it's all snow and better snow ratios. Not a big event obviously, but I'll gladly take it. Looking forward to Friday! 

Agreed. I like 3-4 for our location. Rgem and icon both got better 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SBUWX23 said:

You can see where there may be problems in CT, and any shift south that could reach LI too. It's a fine line. Never a fan of inverted troughs 

Exactly. They have historically overproduced in spots and failed in others. Winners and losers incoming for sure. Someone gets a surprise 6” and others a dusting. 

• Like 2