• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

1 minute ago, mdhokie said:

We never do well when NWS goes bullish. Best to see WWAs and over perform than WSWs and shit the blinds.

Yeah I think a WWA for 2-4”, and maybe 3-5” in the favored spots should work. No need to jump the gun on a warning IMO.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

It actually shows 2-4".. ratios have it changing over to ice briefly along I-95. 

nam_conus_042_snodpth_chng.gif

Man stop It with those Atari maps. If you’re going to post depth maps fine but at least find one with PS2 level graphics.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

19 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Nice runs so far. I think the 12k is overdone, 3k more realistic. But growing more confident for an area wide 2-4"er with someone getting 5"+

Agreed with this. I have a max of 6” somewhere in this one, but the concept is the same. A nice storm for much, if not everyone here. 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Man stop It with those Atari maps. If you’re going to post depth maps fine but at least find one with PS2 level graphics.  

I like the maps just fine.. you can't see everything? They animate nicely. You can show me better maps if you want, but I like snow depth. 

3 minutes ago, RDM said:

When will the soundings come out for DCA and IAD?  Curious if they show the warm nose intruding.  

DCA flirts with sleet for a couple hours early Tuesday morning.  There's a very slight warm nose at 925 mb.  It's nothing to worry about...storm could even be over by then

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jacindc said:

I'm so old I remember when this thread had people wondering why LWX was suddenly so bullish.

I been in americanwx forum since 2010 and i remember a time when people would wonder why  the LWX keeps getting burned because they were so bullish back then lol... i guess they learned  their lesson at sterling  lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

DCA flirts with sleet for a couple hours early Tuesday morning.  There's a very slight warm nose at 925 mb.  It's nothing to worry about...storm could even be over by then

Correct on both the warm nose and precip exiting.

IMG_0995.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1