• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: Do we finally win or get Saltburned?

H2O

What a dumb hobby.  Why did we all get cursed with this?   Get this...there are sickos out there who don't care if it snows or not.  They have no concept of weather.  They go about their day and check an app maybe once or twice a week.   And if a storm doesn't come...they are un phased.   What must that be like?  Have yall thought about these people? They are amongst us and they are in way bigger numbers.

• Like 33
  • Sad 1

Honestly do you think this is 2010 and a storm can be predicted accurately  3 days out?

This is  2024. Nothing is easy.

Things may change but if not we just go on…. I am a firm believer that this current weather system must be gone befor it can get a handle on the next system. We will all see. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

just one run, but this is our warmest panel and it's still only 33 at DCA.  We should do alright on cars, trash cans, decks, snow boards I would think.  Streets, maybe not.

nu9Rydn.png

Should be pretty for it falling. I’m off, so my plan is to go where it is falling and enjoying myself. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Should be pretty for it falling. I’m off, so my plan is to go where it is falling and enjoying myself. 

Palisades, Mammoth, they've been getting hammered by 15 inch snows every four days like clockwork. Go there, You'll get your fix. Palisades Tahoe's getting fifteen MORE inches snow tomorrow.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Imgoinhungry said:

Huh? Gfs is now awful.

The GFS has been awful before and wrong before. 

The 18z GFS still gives me close to 12z at around 5 inches Kuchera.

But, it makes no difference!!!!   24 hours from now, it will likely be vastly different.

How is it possible that so many who profess loyalty to this hobby don't seem to understand that.

12 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

What a dumb hobby.  Why did we all get cursed with this?   Get this...there are sickos out there who don't care if it snows or not.  They have no concept of weather.  They go about their day and check an app maybe once or twice a week.   And if a storm doesn't come...they are un phased.   What must that be like?  Have yall thought about these people? They are amongst us and they are in way bigger numbers.

AMEN

19 minutes ago, Ji said:

maybe the tuesday event is an appetizer for a hECS a few days later. Before some HECS, we would get an appetizer event right before it. FEb 2010, FEb 2003 come to mind lol. Totallly grasping at straws here but i would take 1-2 Tuesday if i knew bigger and better was coming a few days later

Yeah For Feb 2003 HECS we wanted the appetizer to be weaker. The weaker it was; the better the main event. When we only got a dusting off the appetizer, we knew what was coming...

We always get too high on the weenie runs, but take a step back and look at the setup- we have tracked this threat for a long time, and it has always been precarious with that vortex sitting up top and cold pressing, but no 50-50. Classic thread the needle deal. 2-4 is realistic and still doable.

• Like 8