• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

Congrats to everyone who scored. Glad a decided to take a nap this morning...all rain here. 
Really sucks that you aren't getting it. Maybe you'll still score if the cold can make it to that side of the valley before all is said and done. Still hours of upstream precip. If that Storm prediction center mesoscale update holds true maybe forcing might help in your area to bring down temps.

3 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

It’s a good snow when it starts piling up in and around your vehicle wheels.

Nice tires dude!  I'm jealous, been putting off getting new ones for too long.

Smaller flakes but still coming down heavily and oscillating between 28 and 29 degrees.  Probably closing in on a half a foot but I've not measured in a bit.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:
25 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:
Congrats to everyone who scored. Glad a decided to take a nap this morning...all rain here. 

Really sucks that you aren't getting it. Maybe you'll still score if the cold can make it to that side of the valley before all is said and done. Still hours of upstream precip. If that Storm prediction center mesoscale update holds true maybe forcing might help in your area to bring down temps.

Yeah, there is still plenty of time. I am hopefully for those in the foothills. 

5 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Nice tires dude!  I'm jealous, been putting off getting new ones for too long.

Smaller flakes but still coming down heavily and oscillating between 28 and 29 degrees.  Probably closing in on a half a foot but I've not measured in a bit.

Nice man. You guys in Halls should have a little more with your temps. It's still 30 here in Fountain City have 5 inches on the ground. 

The temp went up about an hour ago. From 29. Holding steady at 30 and all snow. Hopefully that means no mixing for us. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Knoxtron said:

Got about 6 inches, just switched to heavy sleet. Temps went from 24 to 30.6 in the last 2 hrs...

Yikes. That's going to be a mess. The whole state will be a mess all week. Especially if we get little topped off on Thursday/Friday. 

• Like 1

This reminds me of the Christmas 2010 storm that I was here for. We mixed with snow and rain most of the day but never really accumulated much. Once the sun went down it got into the lower 20s and the small flakes really added up all night long. Obviously a different setup, but that’s when I’m banking on our accumulation. 12z euro was widespread 6-8 and snowing into tomorrow afternoon. Very similar to GFS. Some of yall are loading up to the west!

• Like 1

Not sure if WCYB decided to quit forecasting over the winter warning criteria or what.  They've been sitting on 3-6 inches for upper East TN for awhile now.  Like another poster stated, not sure it really matters.

13 minutes ago, bearman said:

I wonder if the area of snow west of Nashville will come in to our area or will it get supressed?

As far as I can tell it should make it. SPC convective statement Powell posted seems hopeful too. 

IMO someone between me and Knoxville is going to ride the line just right and get 10-12”. 

• Like 4

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic