• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

I live on the east side of Cherokee, overlooking the lake, but didn’t see any flurries. Instead just the dandruff ice crystals I remember as a kid falling after these big arctic air masses. Now, there have been some clouds though and maybe it’s possible some had flurries in them.

• Like 2

So very cool and interesting phenomenon for East Tennessee. MRX has documented Lake effect snow off Douglas & Cherokee Lake this morning! Talk about rare occurrence.

Edit: Didn't see [mention=14393]PowellVolz[/mention] and @Holston_River_Rambler had reported this already earlier this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/QGXrP4QAArvudDw8/?mibextid=4p3i6U

• Like 5

I am in Halls off Neal Rd and just watched 2 cars and a truck try to go up the hill to leave the neighborhood. They were all unsuccessful and another neighbor had to pull them up the hill. I shoveled some earlier and had a coating of ice on my driveway under the snow. 

• Like 2

I am in Halls off Neal Rd and just watched 2 cars and a truck try to go up the hill to leave the neighborhood. They were all unsuccessful and another neighbor had to pull them up the hill. I shoveled some earlier and had a coating of ice on my driveway under the snow. 

A fire truck flipped over an hour ago on Emory at Beeler.

I live in Hallbrook, the new section in the back of the subdivision.

• Like 1

My wife and I were out and about yesterday and today, taking food to warming shelters and delivering food for Mobile Meals b/c they couldn’t get to all the people they serve. Went into some pretty elevated subdivisions I never knew existed, and lemme tell ya…..getting out of there was definitely a High Pucker Factor experience!!! Definitely agree with PowellVolz that the roads are much worse today. Knox county did call off schools for the rest of the week, but based on upcoming weather and the current state of some of the subdivisions, I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t go back until the middle of next week.

• Like 5

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...