Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

25 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

This thread is back and forth. The emotions and model swings are taking its toll. I am afraid to see how the Euro does us in.

But like...why? When was the last time we saw snow on snow?

If the Monday/Tuesday and 20th event just bring an inch or two each, that's an absolute win....

32 minutes ago, mattie g said:

What trend? The UK is overamplified, just as it was yesterday. Last night's run was pretty sweet, but it's not "trending" at all.

I agree with this. Didn’t take time to look at anything other than the snow map. I don’t usually look to hard at that model because I don’t have access to the low/precip maps available on the others.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Doubt it. And this one missing us wouldn't fall under the "too warm" category. This is just regular chaos with waves...if this one misses it's not some huge indictment on the climo front.

Warming caused the TPV to amplify and suppress the storm 

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

What’s everyone gut tell them about 12z Euro? More disappointment or throws us a bone and a middle of the road solution? 

My gut thinks it moves ever so slightly towards more amped and less flat, ticking NW only slightly.  Leaving us all thoroughly confused and uncertain of the final outcome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Its a Breeze said:

If the Monday/Tuesday and 20th event just bring an inch or two each, that's an absolute win....

Win means something different to many people on here! What you are speaking about is a nuisance event that should not require this much work to follow! LOL! Just sayin' - Most all of us are in for the big dogs. We will all take and love the 2 inch snow, but we all dream of the 10"+ or more storms (some even more than that!) 

I do get what you are saying though.. any snow is a win. But is it a big win or a little one! Most want to buy a Powerball ticket to win the big jackpots and not the scratch offs! :D 

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I agree with this. Didn’t take time to look at anything other than the snow map. I don’t usually look to hard at that model because I don’t have access to the low/precip maps available on the others.

I just use the 6hr qpf panels on pivotal to get an idea of the surface representation.

50 minutes ago, Its a Breeze said:

if i can still see grass poking through the snow it didn't actually snow

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

I mean, it's truth.  I'm quite the specimen.  I would link up the Instagram, but you and all of the straight men here would become crooked.  

<sashays away>

Do you just let the kickstand hang out these days? When does Only Fans go live?

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

overall pattern progression points towards a significant storm in the northeast. that's probably why

It’s sort of a weak overrunning event that turns into a Miller B type evolution with the big northern stream s/w rotating in. 1-4” across our subforum verbatim. I don’t hate it, that’s for sure. Room for more though.

• Like 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

It’s sort of a weak overrunning event that turns into a Miller B type evolution with the big northern stream s/w rotating in. 1-4” across our subforum verbatim. I don’t hate it, that’s for sure. Room for more though.

PSU should hang this on his wall

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-5622400 (1).png

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic