Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

Just now, psuhoffman said:

@Terpeast@stormtracker it actually moved towards Heisys trailing wave idea. And sorta pulled it off in a messy way. This was a big change I’ll reserve my judgement until the rest of 0z. But my fear is we get stuck between solutions and all 3 waves rotating around just run interference with each other. We need one to be dominant. The lead can’t imo. But we’ve seen runs that work now with either the 2nd or 3rd. 

Yeah and these small details out west prob won't be resolved for a while.  I'm hanging in there.  Let's hope the Euro is better

I don’t know why the negativity. For me, this evolution is more likely to produce a big storm that the previous scenarios. That sw is digging. Get it digging a little further west with a little better tilt and that’s a whopper IMO.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

IMG_4563.png

LOL! GFS will be in Bermuda next run and CMC will be in Buffalo at this rate. 

All joking aside a lot to figure out with multiple pieces on the board as others have alluded to with cutter and then west coast. Hopefully tomorrow we will start to have some better agreement.

Verbatim it's how you'd think it would be. 3 to 5 for the city S and E More over St Marys county, northern neck

I know suppression is more of a risk than the opposite this go around with the tpv squashing things, but if someone asked where we’d prefer things to be 5 days out… we’d say SE of us 99% of the time. Perhaps models are pressing the tpv a bit too much and we end up with an areawide 3-6” type event. I’d way rather be on the cold side of things with room for things to move N / be more amped than praying for less amped / more progressive as it rarely plays out that way.

• Like 2

GGEM GFS consensus anyone?

Kinda hilarious that the cities have seen no snow in 2 years and now 5”+ for Baltimore proper is a “rugpull”. We’d pretty much all be jumping for joy if that GFS run played out verbatim. A low along the coast with no precip issues? Sign me up.

Come on. It’s way too early for this nonsense talk. At least save it for Sunday.

• Like 3

For me, when the gfs and euro trend the same way, it’s a sign. But tomorrow’s cutter still hasn’t grown to full strength and cleared the CONUS yet. That will determine the strength and location of the TPV, and it is still TBD. While I had a moment of frustration with the trends, I get that we should expect a lot of wavering for a couple more days. Especially with this new trailing wave idea that the euro (and gfs?) seems to be picking up on. 

And this gfs run while further SE, if that s/w just digs a little more and tilts, we still retain the upside potential. 

We’re not out of this yet, but the goal posts are such that we can still whiff. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

Coastal development has me intrigued, though getting it to pop in the right place is a toughie.

way 

hmmm what is with the 300 mile jump back west to the coast.  This run is wonky and clearly is confused and missing something.  997 way out then moves 300 miles west to 992 then bombs away to 979 to 970 something is amiss here.  I am willing to bet data is missing somewhere and or there is clear confusion with the storm tomorrow night into Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

For me, when the gfs and euro trend the same way, it’s a sign. But tomorrow’s cutter still hasn’t grown to full strength and cleared the CONUS yet. That will determine the strength and location of the TPV, and it is still TBD. While I had a moment of frustration with the trends, I get that we should expect a lot of wavering for a couple more days. Especially with this new trailing wave idea that the euro (and gfs?) seems to be picking up on. 

And this gfs run while further SE, if that s/w just digs a little more and tilts, we still retain the upside potential. 

Would a stronger cutter=stronger tpv press (hence a squashed solution)?

I really like this set up. There's a lot to like about this potential if you're expectations are realistic.  A moderate snowstorm with a SECS upside is very much alive.

Thank you. Best shot we’ve had so far this winter and people are already cliff jumping over model waffles 5 days out. Gfs just showed a solid event and it’s still depressing as phuck in here.

• Like 1

There is never model chaos till we approach a winter storm. Look at the rain a few days ago and tomorrow....hardly a waver in the forecast

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

There is never model chaos till we approach a winter storm. Look at the rain a few days ago and tomorrow....hardly a waver in the forecast

Or… you don’t give a crap about the difference between 1” of rain at 45 degrees or 1.5” of rain at 55 degrees when you know it won’t be snow. You just don’t notice when things change. Models showed a ton of rain over us leading into last storm and many busted low in qpf. You just didn’t care because you weren’t emotionally attached to the outcome.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. Best shot we’ve had so far this winter and people are already cliff jumping over model waffles 5 days out. Gfs just showed a solid event and it’s still depressing as phuck in here.

I was watching the play by Play which was a massacre. Someone said icon situation. But after having seen it for myself...I was surprised at the outcome after the pbp

5 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

I really like this set up. There's a lot to like about this potential if your expectations are realistic.  A moderate snowstorm with a SECS upside is very much alive.

This right here-People just got fooled by the bad start of the run when it looked totally squashed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

This is exactly what I think, but I am always a Deb on complicated setups. I get that worried feeling that the wave snows south, blows up out at sea and curls back in for NE. Leaves us a hole. Maybe that curl back is a stretch but I had a moment thinking of December 2010, I think, with the big old hole over us. Painful 

Or… you don’t give a crap about the difference between 1” of rain at 45 degrees or 1.5” of rain at 55 degrees when you know it won’t be snow. You just don’t notice when things change. Models showed a ton of rain over us leading into last storm and many busted low in qpf. You just didn’t care because you weren’t emotionally attached to the outcome.

What? I got 3 inches of rain. The wind was a bust though

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic