Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

3 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

I mean in a twisted sort of way I suppose it's our revenge no

I mean he finally got banned and within 10 days we get two major snowstorms and are now about to have a big cold blast after we had a record warm December before he got banned. It's only weird if it doesn't work. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

Been under moderate/heavy returns for going on 3 hours now with not a single snow flake at the surface and a hellacious east wind. 

Feels like an impending bust, especially if the rain/snow line makes it here before we finally get anything at the surface. 

I expect that to change soon for you.  Still have a few hours over here.  I am very used to virga!!

I just have this hunch and maybe I am bad luck by saying this but I think once dynamic cooling takes over parts of the Detroit Metro could get rocked with snow at the worst possible time with easily 1-2" prhr rates and maybe some thudersnow at rush hour. 

1 minute ago, AWMT30 said:

I just have this hunch and maybe I am bad luck by saying this but I think once dynamic cooling takes over parts of the Detroit Metro could get rocked with snow at the worst possible time with easily 1-2" prhr rates and maybe some thudersnow at rush hour. 

Glad I WFH on Fridays :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

At 8.2” here. Hit my call, anything over this is gravy now. 

Exactly. When we get a decent storm (especially one with some great rates) we all should be grateful and save bitterness for the next storm. ;-)

Wonder what the water content of this snow was. Could have easily fluffed up double I'd bet...

2 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

The lack of agreement between the models even this close to an event is surprising. 

I think because a new lop is popping further east is giving the models fits. Most storms come down to nowcasting when it comes to banding but this event especially.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mimillman said:

Where is cyclone. Those returns have to be yielding 1-2” per hour for the past several hours and it’s not moving 

Looking at reports from last storm and the radar now, that area probably will have over a foot of snow depth.