• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

The lead wave Thurs seems to have trended stronger on gfs again so dampens/flattens our potential big dog. Definitely something to watch. Euro/Canadian look better than gfs. I think models going to struggle with this until they resolve Mon-Tues system and its snow pack. 

Agree. I think we’ve seen the extremes of how far east and west this thing can go in the Euro and GFS today. Hoping for a spread the wealth big dog in the Great Lakes which is still very much in the table.

3 hours ago, StormChaser4Life said:

The lead wave Thurs seems to have trended stronger on gfs again so dampens/flattens our potential big dog. Definitely something to watch. Euro/Canadian look better than gfs. I think models going to struggle with this until they resolve Mon-Tues system and its snow pack. 

• Like 1

Euro on a definite Chicago blizzard track there. It's not a model to over-deepen at 96-120h so would take its 975 mb central pressure, factor in lower GFS and go around 972, all tracks give IN and michigan a snowstorm too. STL may claw back some of that 54" after all (now back into 10-15 range). 

Every model that my broke ass can view has a hot diggity dog somewhere nearby in less than five days. Seems that tonight's iteration of runs drew out a decent consensus between all of them. Before I get too invested, are there any ways this can possibly not end up being a legit high-end event for someone? Are there any unspoken caveats that might turn this into yet another "homersimpsonshrub.gif" moment?