• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/8-1/10 Potential Winter Storm

1 minute ago, homedis said:

Yeah its all rain and slush here in the loop area. About to make the drive to Deerfield, curious if they’re the same since it’s also a few miles from the lake (although a bit north of the city).

Slopfest at ORD. Literally slush falling from the sky. Hopefully it can flip to all snow once better returns move over as we're in a lull right now, but hopes aren't too high

4 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

My parents downsized a few years ago to a place right by Ravinia in Highland Park. Gotta ask my old man for the ring camera password so I can snoop on conditions. 

posts that beg some questions 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BigHoss48192 said:

Another year...and probably another season of busted storms for SE Michigan.  It's 34-35 out and not even raining but the radar shows that it's snowing outside.  Must be evaporating before it even hits the ground.  Nothing to see here....

Same over here (north shore of Lake Erie)  not a single flake.  Next storm is looking better but weel see I guess.  Sad.

2 hours ago, BigHoss48192 said:

Another year...and probably another season of busted storms for SE Michigan.  It's 34-35 out and not even raining but the radar shows that it's snowing outside.  Must be evaporating before it even hits the ground.  Nothing to see here....

I never had high hopes for this one. Even if we got accumulation it would be washed away. Not sure what you mean another season of busted storms, other than the Dec 23 storm last year, all other storms met or even exceeded expectations. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Ask away. They are in a 1600sq/ft HoA surrounded by 7000sq/ft mansions. 

makes more sense, that's historically a location folks downsize out of not into, i was imagining the 7000 sqft mansion was the downsize

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

makes more sense, that's historically a location folks downsize out of not into, i was imagining the 7000 sqft mansion was the downsize

Grew up slightly silver spoon-fed in Bannockburn. Moms got Dementia so they snowbird at a gated community in the Coachella Valley and summers in HP.

Back on topic, getting some light snow on the west side of town. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Imneversatisfied said:

I might be wish casting but looks to me 12z runs are trending slp SE. Anyone confirm?

It does look like that precip moved SE on the 12z 3km NAM, a little more amped too for total snowfall. I don't know though. This winter storm is weird. APX still says almost nothing for snowfall. Definitely a nowcast system. 

I'm enjoying following the storm from Belgium. This is the first full winter I've missed since leaving Madison. It snows occasionally here in the winter along with the rain, but often flips back to rain and melts within a few hours. 

Looks like it's been a slow start for Madison overnight, but heavier returns are coming in now and they might still end up with 8". 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Huh? I’m south of Toledo and it’s ripping snow! 

On a side note, there is a hell of a hook on a supercell just NE of PCB. At the moment SRH values in AL/FL are between 400-800. Going to be a hell of a weather day in the US today

I'm 45 min north of Toledo.  The ground was barely wet at 5am when I left for work and I've yet to see a single snowflake on my Ring cameras.