• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Euro seems much more coherent with the handoff from WAA to CCB and therefore keeps it colder and wetter.

It’s an excellent run. Much colder and more coherent as you said. 925s don’t rise above -1C even at Groton (for the CT folks). It’s a nice look for eastern Mass. 

Wonder if we can keep the trend going through game time.

11 minutes ago, kazimirkai said:

Youch not liking this run. Hopefully the short ranges have a better idea

I thought the "wheelhouse" of HRR/RAP is inside of 12 hours.  So late tomorrow/tomorrow evening they should be more valuable.  NAM is probably reasonably useful starting at the 12Z run tomorrow imho.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That 5-10" range was a last second edit after the 00z EURO...I had that part of the 4-8" area.

One of those power outage arrows is pointing to my house.  Hopefully that DOESN'T happen!

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I thought about that :lol: I think you are in that zone that will get significant snow on the marine side of the front....until it crashes and it freezes. :axe:

Yeah the snow will probably come but the discomfort may follow....hoping for a quick transition to a more powdery snow.  Retention (which I could care less about) in either case isn't happening anywhere for most of us given. the warm wet event coming 2-3 days later.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Excellent writeup and forecast.

Agree with your bumping up Boston metro from 4-8 to 5-10 given almost all guidance (CMC is outlier).

I won't be shocked to see 12-14 spots in eastern face of Worcester hills to 495 to NE Mass.

Let's hope there won't be too much if any melting lull between overnight WAA and late morning-afternoon CCB.

And no complaints if HREF scores a coup.

• Thanks 1

Nice runs overall overnight. 3k NAM went wild for eastern areas too. 

Seems like the onset has slowed down a bit since yesterday. Much if CT waits until late evening (maybe closer to mid-evening in far sw zones)…except still gotta watch that weird OES type look for northeast MA/SE NH a bit earlier. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice runs overall overnight. 3k NAM went wild for eastern areas too. 

Seems like the onset has slowed down a bit since yesterday. Much if CT waits until late evening (maybe closer to mid-evening in far sw zones)…except still gotta watch that weird OES type look for northeast MA/SE NH a bit earlier. 

BOX has all of CT snowing 4-7 PM

For Connecticut, we're watching a lack of organized banding after the WAA snows, which also means a dry slot approaches from Long Island. 

Right now it's 4-8" where it dry slots, imo. Id go 5-10" for most where we have best snows, up in Litchfield, Hartford counties North and West. 

It definitely involves Tolland. Northern portions of that county are likely to do well, including Kevin. 

Dry slot can also mean snow growth issues. Something to keep in mind. 

I'm intrigued by mesos, now casting as this event begins, there's a lot remaining to be figured out. 

19 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

For Connecticut, we're watching a lack of organized banding after the WAA snows, which also means a dry slot approaches from Long Island. 

Right now it's 4-8" where it dry slots, imo. Id go 5-10" for most where we have best snows, up in Litchfield, Hartford counties North and West. 

It definitely involves Tolland. Northern portions of that county are likely to do well, including Kevin. 

I'm intrigued by mesos, now casting as this event begins, there's a lot remaining to be figured out. 

Yea thinking 7 or 8” with the thump here tonight and then maybe 1” Sunday with the Currier and Ives while emass gets it 

53 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

I have 8-12” NE Hills