• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

Final map expanded the southern zone but numbers stayed the same. Thinking the initial thump is good enough for the coast to verify on low end. High gradient away from immediate shoreline.

Highest inland totals in NW and NE hills as usual. If the trend toward faster organization and more CCB tickling westward continues, we really rock. 

Good luck, everyone. 

IMG_8226.png.ddc66275a46a90f1af3c1344cfa0c644.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, usually tracking the storm produces more euphoria then the actual storm itself. 

As a kid, Christmas Eve was always more exciting to me than Christmas day.  The anticipation and potentiality was always more euphoric than the actual event (even if i got exactly what I expected!).  Hunters & sport fishermen often experience some degree of the same, I am told. The thrill is in the chase.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What do you do in the snow that is euphoric… , sled , walk , streak ?

I will literally spend hours outside walking around town and taking photos. No distractions aside from an occasional AmWx post. It’s peace and quiet. 

• Like 3

Just now, Patrick-02540 said:

As a kid, Christmas Eve was always more exciting to me than Christmas day.  The anticipation and potentiality was always more euphoric than the actual event (even if i got exactly what I expected!).  Hunters & sport fishermen often experience some degree of the same, I am told. The thrill is in the chase.

You've chosen the correct hobby my friend

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I will literally spend hours outside walking around town and taking photos. No distractions aside from an occasional AmWx post. It’s peace and quiet. 

I like to do the same.  Sometimes I don’t even want to have the dog with me.

• Like 1

Scrolling thru the NWS text forecasts for all of SNE , i noticed two things 

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BOX&product=ZFP&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

They give accumulations for tomorrow nite but will only say additional light or additional moderate accumulations for all areas during Sunday day.

Also they have rain mentioned (snow and rain)  coming as far NW as Brockton mass (W Pym county ) during Sunday am 

* the highest they forecast for sat nite is 6-10 over basically elevated west Franklin county down to Blandford , Ma

Great disco by box hot off the press

Brakes it down nicely and talks about the CCB and what they anticipate from it .

They are calling for 6-12” NW of general Bos-Pvd line with lollis of 12-14 possible on E slope of N ORH hills where moisture will be rung out and temps will be colder 

Calling also for mostly snow in SE mass , (cept a couple miles from beaches ) in round 1 , they say temps may rise a couple degrees above freezing from Bos-Pvd and during the lull as mid level temps rise could change to light rain until A modest CCB develops 

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BOX&issuedby=BOX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Guidance really varies with start time.. I’d wait til after 00z .. hrrr coming in much slower with thump , euro is the slowest amongst guidance, also these come in earlier usually.. hrrr back a bit SE after being a NW outlier 

Thanks....hopefully a later start time, they already canceled everything on Sunday, but have a feeling they are going to try and get as many games in tomorrow as possible. Hopefully a better idea by morning...

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

GFS is one hell of a thump for CT tomorrow night followed by some currier and ives nonsense Kevin will be able to slantstick Sunday.

Kind of reminds me of a SWFE coming in like a wall, and ponding fast and furiously and then it’s done.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Kind of reminds me of a SWFE coming in like a wall, and ponding fast and furiously and then it’s done.

That's what it will be for us. Maybe an additional 1-2" on Sunday but most of this is Saturday night here.

Many of us may see a bit of drizzle or even sleet during the overnight as we dry out the SGZ.

• Thanks 1