• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Discobs 2024

George BM

Something wicked this way comes...someone earlier mentioned that this snow squall line coming through resembled the onset of summer storms and that's a spot-on assessment. Was 48 degrees out there when I took these pics about 10 min ago...now down to 42, with very dark and overcast skies overhead. Still haven't seen the snow many of you have, but, hey...it FEELS like winter all of a sudden.

PXL_20240114_164731294-EDIT.jpg

PXL_20240114_164804531-EDIT.jpg

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Yeah the start of our string of slightly lesser failures ;) 

I hope and think by Saturday we will identify that the pattern changed today 1/14. We received info starting 12/15 that such change was 5-7  days away and lived with those delays  for a month but looking like the true pattern change of a week of well below average temps with snow instead of 50’s and heavy rain. 

Yep, we got 'em now too! Of course, we "lowlanders" don't get the feet of snow that they do up there in them thar Union Bridge mountains...but we'll take our piddling portion and be happy.

It hasn’t been any better here the past couple of years. At 3” on the season. Not exactly a huge difference between my house and my old house in Ellicott city since 2022 honestly. Nice to see it snowing everywhere for a change. Also appears Howard county will do better than my area on Tuesday as well if most models are correct about the just west of 95 mini jack. I’ll be working that day so I’m excited to be there for it.

15 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Success!  Smoking meat in snow…what a time to be alive!  Flurries temp to 39!   

Yeah, that was an impressive drop since ~11:45am-ish. And smoking meats on a winter day = HEAVEN.  :) 

2 minutes ago, jayyy said:

It hasn’t been any better here the past couple of years. At 3” on the season. Not exactly a huge difference between my house and my old house in Ellicott city since 2022 honestly. Nice to see it snowing everywhere for a change.

I know it has, I'm just poking fun...and yeah, it IS nice to see big, fat flurries here and most places this afternoon!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Yep, we got 'em now too! Of course, we "lowlanders" don't get the feet of snow that they do up there in them thar Union Bridge mountains...but we'll take our piddling portion and be happy.

Your obs are usually a bellwether for mine. I await my flurries... if the Potomac doesn't eat them. 

• Like 4

Been snowing for almost 1.5 hours, but no accumulation. Temp down to 34. 

Just stopped at my brothers house in Ellicott city near turf valley and their mulch and colder surfaces have a trace / dusting, but nothing on streets / sidewalks.

I hope and think by Saturday we will identify that the pattern changed today 1/14. We received info starting 12/15 that such change was 5-7  days away and lived with those delays  for a month but looking like the true pattern change of a week of well below average temps with snow instead of 50’s and heavy rain. 

First day of our weather changing for sure. Upper air longwave pattern certainly changed before today.

35 minutes ago, diatae said:

Your obs are usually a bellwether for mine. I await my flurries... if the Potomac doesn't eat them. 

I hear you, friend -- I have a similar concern in reverse in spring/summer, when we have kickass thunderstorms here, that then cross the river, pick up even more steam, and tend to put down tornadoes in your neck of the woods...  :/

1 minute ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

Still snowing. Nice SnowTv day!

Amen! Hoping that greater chances for snow this week inspire you to post some new snowy pics!  :) 

• Like 3

pretty good snow showers here between 9-10:30 am--a thorough dusting since it was below freezing, and it was accumulating on the roadway as I drove to church. it was really pretty on the back roads and i hope it's the start of more to come later this week.

temp is up to 34 from 32 when the wind first picked up.

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic