Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

24 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Would love nothing more than to see Harbaugh out and Mike McDonald the new HC. Keep Monken but get his mind right. That won't happen though, and McDonald will probably end up in Washington.

Well here's what's interesting...Mike Mac told a superfan last night the opposite, lol:

Now of course...he could've "technically" meant he's not going anywhere in terms of being a coach in the NFL. But let's hope he means the Ravens :)

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

IDC. This was the AFC championship game. To get to THE game. The fucking goal. They completely deviated from their MO. Their bread and butter. Literally played right into the Chief's hands defensively. Buffalo ran all over them last week. They are 27th against the run. Ravens are the Kings of running the ball. And if you want to go pass happy, run slants and other higher percentage pass plays, not slow developing down the field plays against a good pass rush. Low percentage stuff. It was if they were trying to lose..

100 percent! Total lack of composure and professionalism the players demonstrated. The Chiefs 1st 2 drives caused an early panic to ensue. Not a trait championship teams posses. Lamar clearly is not a composed veteran. Pressure of the situation limited his ability to think clearly and perform physically. He showed brain freeze on multiple occasions. For lack of a better term he choked under pressure. Now every big game in the future will continue mounting pressure. All that will be talked about leading up to future playoff games will be how is Lamar going to handle himself and can he perform under the brightest lights. 

The answer in my opinion is the coaching staff must limit his opportunities to make huge mistakes. Playoff football is different from regular season. In the regular season let Lamar be Lamar to a degree but in the playoffs he needs to become a game manager assuming we still have a high level defense. It's like the Harbaugh and the other coaches let their egos take over. We're going to prove to the world we can pass all over a great defensive with arguably the 2 best corners in the game despite having the best running attack in football. Look at Mahomes, as great as he is he knew his offense's limitations so what did he and Reid do? They had Mahomes manage the game. Mahomes only threw 1 deep shot and that was the last play for 32 yards. Reid and Mahomes utilized the outstanding defensive and kicker and let the other team make the critical mistakes. 

I never really cared for Harbaugh personally. I think he's an ahole and a phony and sounds so corny with his combining faith and religion with football. For someone akways preaching Christianity I've witnessed him treat people like crap far too often but with that being said I think he's a really good coach in terms of running the team, motivating players and teaching technique. I have never been someone to call for his firing. Im fine with him continuing as head coach but at some point a change in messaging and philosophy from a new leader will be inevitable The players apparently like him and play hard for him but he always falls short measuring up to the other top coaches as far as scheme and in game adjustments. His in fame decisions and taking points off the board by not taking advantage of Tucker and passing on sure field goals has cost us several big games. His clock manage has improved over the years but he too often has a look a total confusion when the camera pans to him. He's also had some very questionable challenges. I'm most disappointed in his lack of ability to mentally prepare his team for yesterday's games. How easily his team fell for KC's mind games. 

I'm sure will be a solid team again next year but come playoffs the same recurring theme will resurface. On a positive note it sure is good to have a team that's in the conversation every year and that shouldn't be taking for granted. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

100 percent! Total lack of composure and professionalism the players demonstrated. The Chiefs 1st 2 drives caused an early panic to ensue. Not a trait championship teams posses. Lamar clearly is not a composed veteran. Pressure of the situation limited his ability to think clearly and perform physically. He showed brain freeze on multiple occasions. For lack of a better term he choked under pressure. Now every big game in the future will continue mounting pressure. All that will be talked about leading up to future playoff games will be how is Lamar going to handle himself and can he perform under the brightest lights. 

The answer in my opinion is the coaching staff must limit his opportunities to make huge mistakes. Playoff football is different from regular season. In the regular season let Lamar be Lamar to a degree but in the playoffs he needs to become a game manager assuming we still have a high level defense. It's like the Harbaugh and the other coaches let their egos take over. We're going to prove to the world we can pass all over a great defensive with arguably the 2 best corners in the game despite having the best running attack in football. Look at Mahomes, as great as he is he knew his offense's limitations so what did he and Reid do? They had Mahomes manage the game. Mahomes only threw 1 deep shot and that was the last play for 32 yards. Reid and Mahomes utilized the outstanding defensive and kicker and let the other team make the critical mistakes. 

I never really cared for Harbaugh personally. I think he's an ahole and a phony and sounds so corny with his combining faith and religion with football. For someone akways preaching Christianity I've witnessed him treat people like crap far too often but with that being said I think he's a really good coach in terms of running the team, motivating players and teaching technique. I have never been someone to call for his firing. Im fine with him continuing as head coach but at some point a change in messaging and philosophy from a new leader will be inevitable The players apparently like him and play hard for him but he always falls short measuring up to the other top coaches as far as scheme and in game adjustments. His in fame decisions and taking points off the board by not taking advantage of Tucker and passing on sure field goals has cost us several big games. His clock manage has improved over the years but he too often has a look a total confusion when the camera pans to him. He's also had some very questionable challenges. I'm most disappointed in his lack of ability to mentally prepare his team for yesterday's games. How easily his team fell for KC's mind games. 

I'm sure will be a solid team again next year but come playoffs the same recurring theme will resurface. On a positive note it sure is good to have a team that's in the conversation every year and that shouldn't be taking for granted. 

IMO this isn't so much a Lamar problem, as it is a Harbaugh problem. He is 1 for 4 in AFC championship games, and has won 3 playoff games since winning the SB in 2013. They were undisciplined (multiple 15 yard penalties) yesterday, and he apparently approved Monken's awful game plan. Agree he is a bit of phony and very corny, and too heavy handed with the religious stuff. Not everyone is a Christian. Very presumptuous. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Agree he is a bit of phony and very corny, and too heavy handed with the religious stuff. Not everyone is a Christian. Very presumptuous. 

TL;DR: Expressing faith is not presumption, it's being yourself...and when you talk about what YOU believe, that does not equate to telling others what to believe.

Here's what folks don't get about this: When you're a Christian, it is so much a part of what you do that you naturally talk about it...especially in a field of leadership where there are going to be other people that share that faith (and where workplace rules don't prohibit it) You can't just turn it off...faith doesn't work that way. After all it's what YOU believe, and it shapes how you view things, and how you lead. So when you're asked about your leadership, if that's part of it...it comes out. And you can believe when he coaches, the players bring up the same stuff. 

I mean players talk about their faith too! Lamar just did that the other day...and you KNOW how much Ray Lewis did (and still does!) It's just a part of who you are. Should a player not say it simply because some people don't believe it? Is it wrong for teams to have chaplains? 

I promise you there are men of faith on every team. but some do (in the Ravens case there are many that do). But nobody is making anybody believe anything! So...it's probably not turning off the players that don't believe, and not taking away from the game...so, what's the problem?

56 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

TL;DR: Expressing faith is not presumption, it's being yourself...and when you talk about what YOU believe, that does not equate to telling others what to believe.

Here's what folks don't get about this: When you're a Christian, it is so much a part of what you do that you naturally talk about it...especially in a field of leadership where there are going to be other people that share that faith (and where workplace rules don't prohibit it) You can't just turn it off...faith doesn't work that way. After all it's what YOU believe, and it shapes how you view things, and how you lead. So when you're asked about your leadership, if that's part of it...it comes out. And you can believe when he coaches, the players bring up the same stuff. 

I mean players talk about their faith too! Lamar just did that the other day...and you KNOW how much Ray Lewis did (and still does!) It's just a part of who you are. Should a player not say it simply because some people don't believe it? Is it wrong for teams to have chaplains? 

I promise you there are men of faith on every team. but some do (in the Ravens case there are many that do). But nobody is making anybody believe anything! So...it's probably not turning off the players that don't believe, and not taking away from the game...so, what's the problem?

Religion is a personal thing. To each their own. Don't assume everyone wants to engage. What I meant by presumptuous.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Religion is a personal thing. To each their own. Don't assume everyone wants to engage. What I meant by presumptuous.

It is. And I kinda get the "Don't hit people over the head with it". I could see if it was like...being really judgemental or something. But what I'm not getting is the thinking that expressing beliefs is always based on an assumption somebody wants to engage. Sometimes you're just talking freely from what you feel, not to necessarily "engage". Just comes out sometimes (like you said, it is a personal thing)...and some just feel more free with it than others :)

1 hour ago, RickinBaltimore said:

I mean, where's the lie?

In NFL history...has a coach ever been fired after going 14-3 and losing the AFC Championship game? (Real question--I don't think I've ever heard of that being done) Therein lies the conundrum. I don't think any team justifiably does that...regardless of what has happened before. It's still winning football...coach hasn't lost the locker room (although maybe we'll see this off season, lol) just hasn't gotten to the SB. 

I feel like...we'd have to completely miss the playoffs in order for something to change. I mean in a weird way, if you root for Harbs to be fired, you'd basically have to root against the team next year and root for us to miss the playoffs, lol So like...y'all gonna root for us to tank? Lol

22 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

In NFL history...has a coach ever been fired after going 14-3 and losing the AFC Championship game? (Real question--I don't think I've ever heard of that being done) Therein lies the conundrum. I don't think any team justifiably does that...regardless of what has happened before. It's still winning football...coach hasn't lost the locker room (although maybe we'll see this off season, lol) just hasn't gotten to the SB. 

I feel like...we'd have to completely miss the playoffs in order for something to change. I mean in a weird way, if you root for Harbs to be fired, you'd basically have to root against the team next year and root for us to miss the playoffs, lol So like...y'all gonna root for us to tank? Lol

Marty Shottenheimer went 14-2 and lost in the divisional round to NE I believe and was consequently fired. I think it was the 2006 season. That season we were the number 2 seed and lost to Indy 15-6. Had we won we would’ve hosted the ADC championship game.

I usually don’t go down the road of “it’s the coach” but this game can at least be partially attributed to that. To have the number 1 rushing offense in the league and then hand the ball off 6 times is indefensible.

However … the lack of discipline in the part of Ravens players was a key part as well. The two penalties on KC’s drive right before the half were stupid on every level. Flowers was a one man highlight reel for stupidity. And that sequence of plays was huge. 

This has been bad for my mental health...I haven't been able to focus on much of anything other than the loss. So embarrassing, national media ripping us to shreds, and the future of the team, quite frankly, looks bleak, and I'm wondering if Lamar is really the QB that can get us there. He and Monken let us all the way down! I don't trust either of them right now.

And, with all the assistant coaching turnover, it may not even be possible to fire Harbaugh this off-season. So who knows what kind of season we may have to go through next year. Tbh, unless MacDonald stays, it's too late in he game to look for a new HC in 2024). This may be the darkest moment this franchise has ever had... and it's frickin' depressing

As Joe Burrow says, let them taunt. Such a stupid broken energy when they make so many calls because the players care about what happens. They get paid 50mill/yr, they don't need to care so much about the outcome of the game.. the incentives for winning are very small. Just really dumb, and a staple mark especially in America to penalize everything that could be something. 

37 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I figured it out from the photos a week or so back. :lol:

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

You know. I was wondering if that was you, Mike! Haha 

Ha!  Well, I guess my "art" and otherwise odd sense of humor and posting style come through no matter the name!  Cat's out of the bag! :lol:

YARN | So you know the name now. The cat is out of the bag. | Seinfeld  (1989) - S06E10 The Race | Video clips by quotes | e6613e3b | 紗

• Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic