Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

And they lead the world in rushing lol. I wouldn't mind if someone hired Monken as their head coach.

I doubt that. Monken never seemed like a head coach to me. And besides...who do you replace him with, and is it really a good idea to replace somebody who Lamar has worked so well with? (And had his best season passing!)

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

That schedule next yr is no easy task. Currently the 2nd toughest schedule for ‘24.
Bengals, Steelers, Browns, Bills, Eagles at home

Cowboys, Texans, Bucs, Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers on the road

The schedule this year wasn't easy either, though. That back half was an absolute gauntlet! And then we had the Lions and Seahawks, had to travel 4 time zones in 5 weeks...not what I'd call "easy". That being said...yes, next year is gonna be a challenge as well. But you know what? If you're worth your salt, you find a way to make it happen. I cannot see this team drastically falling off if Lamar stays as healthy as he did this year.

16 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Not gonna blame this one on the refs but NFL officiating is terrible for a sport that rakes in billions. Ravens got called for a defensive holding early in the game, which was a correct call but very minor hold. Later in the game there were multiple times ravens receivers were held and no call. 

I understand that they are told to "let them play" in the playoffs, but the uneven-ness of the calls is irritating. 

Yep, it’s not what the refs call, it’s what they don’t call. If you ever attend a game in person (as I often did years ago) it’s even crazier the stuff you’ll see that’s missed. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I doubt that. Monken never seemed like a head coach to me. And besides...who do you replace him with, and is it really a good idea to replace somebody who Lamar has worked so well with? (And had his best season passing!)

The offense was ill prepared in both playoff games. Awful in the first half last week but overcame it against a lesser opponent mostly by running the ball(imagine that). This week they never really got it together and there were no apparent adjustments at halftime. Just kept winging it downfield. Low percentage stuff. That needs to be looked at.

Thoughts on the Ravens game…

Ravens game plan heading into the game was incorrect and definitely got this team off to a sluggish start. They played a mix of man and intermediate zone and allowed the Chiefs to find soft spots in the middle of the field, as well as allowing distance off coverage so short 4-5 yard gains were easy to come by. Good adjustment by them at halftime where they disguised blitzes and played strict man to prevent soft spots from being exposed. Problem was their first half was terrible and they caused their own issue of being on the field for way too long. That was killer, but self inflicted. 

Offense was a different story and one that has rang true for too many seasons, even going all the way back to the mid-2000s…cost us the game the entire time. Play calling was bad. They were bringing blitzes from multiple packages and played two deep safety for a good chunk of the game. This SHOULD be a chance to emphasize crossing patterns, screens, and slant routes…but they just hardly ever did that. They kept running intermediate and deep and it was like the Texans first half all over again. Don’t get me started on rushing the ball 8 times with RBs. That’s coaching and it’s one of the things I hate about Harbaugh and why I think we need a change. It’s inexcusable. 

Lamar I thought played an okay game. Made some huge throws and if it wasn’t for his playmaking ability, we wouldn’t have scored anything. The offensive line was battered at times by Chris Jones, and off the edge early on until the DE went out and that gave Lamar some more breathing room. Zay taunt and fumble is full on rookie coming out at the very worst time. 

Biggest question marks will be McDonald coming back and signing Queen or Matabeuke. 

This is a team game. They lost this as a team, but a lot of the blame goes to coaching and horrible pre-game planning and terrible offensive playcalling for 2/3 of the game. We can certainly make it back. Lamar will be fine and hungry as ever. Yes, he made some mistakes, but he was the main reason we had ANY chance in this game. If Zay scores a TD, I guarentee you this conversation isn’t happening. Chiefs have been here before and it showed. They know how to handle the pressure and they have the best playcallers and game planners in history (Reid and Spags). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Idk if I would call it flat-out rigged, but the NFL definitely wants certain outcomes. The Ravens are a small market and their super bowls draw low ratings, whereas with the Chiefs they’re guaranteed a huge ratings boost from Swifties. One of many reasons I stopped watching NFL years ago and only casually keep track.

That's what it's probably all about. It will be much more profitable if the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl, especially with Travis Kelce and the rumors of a proposal. My friends, my sister, and my sister's friends all agree. After all, it's a business.

The Ravens certainly could've done a lot better but some of the ref decisions seemed questionable. In any case, those tears in the end were really hard to watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, EHoffman said:

I'm riding Chiefs +3.5.  Honestly the Ravens side is really ratty and makes me incredibly suspect of the whole situation.  Plus betting against Mahomes in the yoffs seems wrong.

Yeah my research gave Mahomes close to a 60% chance of covering. It looks like the Ravens weren't really challenged at all this year before the game. They were outplayed. 

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Ridiculous. That’s coaching and they better accept the blame.

That’s incredible. Especially given how Buffalo ran on KC last week. 

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

It wasn’t rigged. The Ravens lost. Chiefs played a better game. 

This. The league can pull for certain outcomes all it wants, but if you have absolutely terrible turnovers in the end zone and can’t move the ball idk what to say. You should never leave it in officials hands in any sport. 

Also, I don’t think I lay this at Lamar’s feet completely. It’s an entirely different game if the staff commit to the run and Flowers—as great as he’s been—doesn’t make two of the most costly plays of the season in the same drive. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It wasn’t rigged. The Ravens lost. Chiefs played a better game. 

Although the way the Ravens refused to run the ball( as the top rushing team in the league) against a defense whose weakness is on the ground, it kind of makes ya wonder. And given that they chose to be pass happy for unknown reasons, they refused to throw high percentage passes to keep drives going and Mahomes off the field.  :yikes:

The truth is the Ravens preparation and in-game coaching adjustments were absolutely fucking pitiful. Not rigged, just plain old bad football.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic